Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Announced

I enjoyed AoW3 but the AI seemed off also. I can't remember which 2 difficulty settings it was but the one I played was too easy and the next one up just thru so many units at your cities and bases that you had to turtle in.

I agree that the city building was lacking big time. Some of the best battles in a strategy game and lvling up heroes and units was top notch. Enjoyed making leaders and picking skills.

Well, it's not like Civ 6 AI is any better. Even easy on highest difficulty (if some randomness doesn't screw you) and apparently the new expansion just made it worse.

Well, it's not like Civ 6 AI is any better. Even easy on highest difficulty (if some randomness doesn't screw you) and apparently the new expansion just made it worse.

Not certain I've been so disappointed in a game in a long time. There's a good game in there but the AI is so horrible it ruins much of it... and yeah, the expansion certainly didn't help in any way.

I really enjoyed AOW2 and SM but haven't played AOW3, it's sitting in my backlog.

So I'll probably wait till this goes on sale along with the inevitable umpty-billion expansions and addons courtesy of Paradox.

I'm assuming you meant to say fantasy for RPGs. :)

No. Fantasy is the number one setting for strategy and RPGS, post apocalypse is #2 for rpgs, sci-fi #2 for strategy games, though in strategy, sci-fi is close to level with fantasy (with historical strategy probably being a very close #3), while in RPGS, post apocalyptic is probably a distant #2, with sci-fi being an even more distant #3, since fantasy is so dominant.

Ooh, very interesting. Hopefully, it'll be similar to the other AoWs in that it'll have a good story and RPG aspects, which would make it a rather rare game actually. Most sci-fi strategy games either has no story or has one where characters are rarely involved.

It's actually a bit odd, considering the success of Starcraft II, which had a fairly decent story and some interesting interactions/characters.

No. Fantasy is the number one setting for strategy and RPGS, post apocalypse is #2 for rpgs, sci-fi #2 for strategy games, though in strategy, sci-fi is close to level with fantasy (with historical strategy probably being a very close #3), while in RPGS, post apocalyptic is probably a distant #2, with sci-fi being an even more distant #3, since fantasy is so dominant.

Ah ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were suggesting that post-apocalypse was the primary setting for RPGs. :)

Ah ok, I misunderstood. I thought you were suggesting that post-apocalypse was the primary setting for RPGs. :)

Would be great if it was. ^^

Or well...maybe not. Then it wouldn't be as special anymore. :)

We could use a couple more though. Surprises me that Burntime hasn't any real successor yet (while ground Zero was a spiritual successor that game had a non existent production value.

Well they are probably tired of working on the fantasy setting so I can't blame them. It's the same with Piranha Bytes who is tired of making Gothic games.

Well I'm certainly glad they called it ELEX, not "Gothic with Lasers".

Well I'm certainly glad they called it ELEX, not "Gothic with Lasers".
Yeah you got me congratulations. Bravo good sir.:sarcasm:

It''s like calling Fallout 3 Oblivion just with guns.
I thought Shadow Magic was one of the best strategy games of all time.
The best part was the chance to play different mini-campaigns. The other games had you play as one single mage lord, and all this talking just makes me want to play them again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom