Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - First Reviews

Anyway it would probably kill you to know I now use a controller on the PC.

Yes I know I sold out but a few games play much better with a controller.:p
It's sad Marquis de Sade does not live today, he'd make a bestseller on mushrooms masochism. :p

a few games play much better with a controller.:p

More like "any game which is played in third person". Perhaps apart from something which requires absolutely perfect aim (which usually isn't a thing since the games are built from ground and up with gamepad in mind) ;)

Don't do yourself the disservice of using a mouse/keyb in these games. You'll regret it once you realize how much better it really is with a gamepad.

Well I don't use a controller on every game mostly JRPG ports now. Still remember playing both of the Castlevania ports, and it was hassle using the keyboard & mouse.

Sega even said a controller is preferred to play the Yakuza and Shenmue ports.

More like "any game which is played in third person". Perhaps apart from something which requires absolutely perfect aim (which usually isn't a thing since the games are built from ground and up with gamepad in mind) ;)

Don't do yourself the disservice of using a mouse/keyb in these games. You'll regret it once you realize how much better it really is with a gamepad.

I don't know... I hate the analogy stick on controllers to move the camera. I could never get the camera movement right with it. I tend to move the camera either too much or too little as to what I actually want. This is a none issue with the mouse for me hence I play AC games with K+M. I find that if I am not getting the camera right, then I can't move properly during combat to do those dodge and stuff right. I played Dark souls 3 on the PC for this excat same reason!

Maybe I don't have enough muscles memory for the analogy stick....

en said a controller is preferred to play Yakuza and Shnmue PC ports.

yes, that's a no-brainer, its games made with a controller in mind, it's made like that from the ground and up. Mouse/keyb is usually something they slap together later on.

I don't know… I hate the analogy stick on controllers to move the camera. I could never get the camera movement right with it. I tend to move the camera either too much or too little as to what I actually want. This is a none issue with the mouse for me hence I play AC games with K+M. I find that if I am not getting the camera right, then I can't move properly during combat to do those dodge and stuff right. I played Dark souls 3 on the PC for this excat same reason!

Maybe I don't have enough muscles memory for the analogy stick….

Its more likely you need more practice. I think some people underestimate that it does take a long time to get really good at a gamepad. Just because it's a gamepad doesnt mean you'll be an expert within hours. Within hours you have the basics and you should do fairly good, after weeks (perhaps months for some) of practice though you will have far better precision. Camera is typically such a thing.

Hey wolf, we typically have very similar tastes in games, so; does it have parkour? I can't do parkour. I suck at it. If I have to aim my mouse or click at an exact certain time, I'm gonna fail.

Yea I suck at that type of thing as well. I have only about 5 hours into the game but haven't come across it yet ... or at least if I did I did not need it. I am playing on easy though.

Maybe Joxer is thinking like "oh hey here comes a special attack so better dodge at the right time" as there is some of that. Or being able to parry at the right time. I suck at that. One reason I have trouble with melee in FO4 or Skyrim for that matter. FO4 has VATS though so between that and practice its okay. Skyrim I played on easy and looks like I will play ACO on easy as well.

I have slow reflexes and when I get stressed I just become all fumble fingers on the keyboard (i.e. if trying to rush in an effort to meet some timed key thing). So hoping easy will let me get away with messing that stuff up. If it turns out even on easy I need to time stuff ... then will have to stop playing at that point unless its super basic timing.

Sorry Vurt, but this is a load of BS.

As someone who has played thousands of hours of dark souls and dark souls like games, probably about 50/50 controller and K&M because I buy it on ps4 to play with console friends and PC to play with PC friends. There is absolutely no advantage I kind find to playing these games with a controller over k&M.

I honestly don’t have a preference these days. I actually will play sleeping dogs with K&M and then grab my controller for driving parts. I find driving easier with a controller. My son however drives with M&K and can log faster times than me. Perks of younger reflexes I guess.

Anyway, I shouldn’t even have responded as I’m not interested in another back and forth about input devices.

My point is that input device is a personal preference and the best one is the one that works best for the individual person using it. Unless your playing competitively at a high level either input device will be just fine. So just choose the one you’re more comfortable with.

Yea I suck at that type of thing as well. I have only about 5 hours into the game but haven't come across it yet … or at least if I did I did not need it. I am playing on easy though.

Maybe Joxer is thinking like "oh hey here comes a special attack so better dodge at the right time" as there is some of that. Or being able to parry at the right time. I suck at that. One reason I have trouble with melee in FO4 or Skyrim for that matter. FO4 has VATS though so between that and practice its okay. Skyrim I played on easy and looks like I will play ACO on easy as well.

I have slow reflexes and when I get stressed I just become all fumble fingers on the keyboard (i.e. if trying to rush in an effort to meet some timed key thing). So hoping easy will let me get away with messing that stuff up. If it turns out even on easy I need to time stuff … then will have to stop playing at that point unless its super basic timing.

Ok, good to know. I'll ask you again once I get done with Pathfinder. I'm playing that real slow so the devs can catch up with patching.

I've never regretted nor will.
The drug dealer games funded by mushrooms manufacturers that are supposed to force me spend money on mushrooms junk by not having proper k+m controls or remapping scheme, for example Neptunia, I've thumbed down on Steam or refunded.

Cut down on that crap weed or crack you're doing chug down some nice psilocybin shrooms, it'll do you good. Does good both for IQ and serotonin according to research.
(/jk, of course! drugs are bad mmmkay)

It's not only preference, but sure, some games i will agree with (any third person game which require very precise aim for shooting). Analog movement (impossible with a mouse which only has analog aim) is a big plus in any game that has for example platforming or heights, it has nothing to do with preference.

Cut down on that crap weed or crack you're doing chug down some nice psilocybin shrooms, it'll do you good. Does good both for IQ and serotonin according to research.
(/jk, of course! drugs are bad mmmkay)

It's not only preference, but sure, some games i will agree with (any third person game which require very precise aim for shooting). Analog movement (impossible with a mouse which only has analog aim) is a big plus in any game that has for example platforming or heights, it has nothing to do with preference.

A big plus for you maybe. Not needed for many others.

You should watch competitive shooters. Some of the platforming they do is amazing. I watched one match where a guy threw a smoke bomb, 2 players from the other team came up one crouched and the other ran jumped on his head, jumped up off his head through the smoke and headshot the guy. One of the most amazing things I’ve seen in gaming. All without a controller.

Anyway if analog is so precious to you they do make analog keyboards. Pressure sensitive analog keys for movement with precise mouselook. Best of both world? Don’t know never used one.

I'm not into competitive playing, that mostly has to do with playing the same level over and over until you can play it in your sleep, i did play some levels on repeat for Quake and Quake 2 ages ago.. it's incredible how fast you can become when you know exactly when to jump, exactly where a crate is located etc. But this has far more to do with repeating things than anything else.

I play games for fun and for me that includes having the best control over my characters movement. In some games i prefer movement of aim over character control, but shooters is not a huge interest these days.

Never heard of analog keyboards and i'm not sure i'd want one either, there's also the part about ergonomics where nothing really beats a controller, especially so for us who plays on a TV.

Also, analog movement on a keyboard, that of course require the game to support it, so probably 1-2 games, so far?

Back
Top Bottom