Hurricane Michael

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
Looks like some have been hit really hard. Are the Floridians around here doing ok?

I only caught some wind and rain, but I'm pretty far South of the area that took the brunt of it. North Florida got hammered hard.

Glad to hear you're OK. Some of the scenes on the news look pretty horrendous.

Might want to consider moving north/inland, seems this has become the new "normal".
Not kidding here, ( most )people don't realize how critical situation is ( with earth's climate). Effects we're seeing now are from 3-4 decades past of industrialization: that's before India's and China's boom.
If we don't see largest energy/political/economical revolution in history take place over the next two or three decades, we're pretty much fucked.

I have an Aunt and Uncle who live in Florida. Thankfully they are alright.
If we don't see largest energy/political/economical revolution in history take place over the next two or three decades, we're pretty much fucked.
According to latest scientific article we have under 12 years to stop the world from heating to far. I believe it was two degrees hotter then now.Serious Stuff.

Link - https://earther.gizmodo.com/we-have-a-decade-to-prevent-a-total-climate-disaster-1829585748

The problem is the cost to implement change would require the whole world to spend all their revenue to implementing the changes required. Not gonna happen.

As for hurricanes we have come to the point where we cant call them natural disasters anymore. As we are the cause of these unnatural storms nowadays.

Last edited:
I have an Aunt and Uncle who live in Florida. Thankfully they are alright.
According to latest scientific article we have under 12 years to stop the world form heating to far. I believe it was two degrees hotter then now.Serious Stuff.

I fear that it might be already too late now.

The problem is the cost to implement change would requite the whole world to spend all their revenue to implementing the changes required. Not gonna happen.

Corporations will <act MASSIVELY against that. It's already happebning here in Germany, Energy corporations and car corporations try to control the government.

As for hurricanes we have come to the point where we cant call therm natural disasters anymore. As we are the cause of these unnatural storms nowadays.

Trump won't believe it. I bet he lives far away from Florida.

Wasn't really looking to get into climate change on this one - just wanted to make sure people are OK.

Wasn't really looking to get into climate change on this one - just wanted to make sure people are OK.
When has anyone stayed on topic on this forum?o_O

I'm on the east side of Florida, and we just got some rough weather for three days. My first brush with a hurricane, so I might have overdone it on the bottled water and mre's, lol.

I'm on the east side of Florida, and we just got some rough weather for three days. My first brush with a hurricane, so I might have overdone it on the bottled water and mre's, lol.
Glad your okay.:party:

I saw some footage of what was left of Mexico Beach.....looked like a couple of angry giants went on a bender and just leveled that town. To me, it looked like almost every single structure was either leveled or had significant damage.

I saw some footage of what was left of Mexico Beach…..looked like a couple of angry giants went on a bender and just leveled that town. To me, it looked like almost every single structure was either leveled or had significant damage.
Yeah I watched that footage as it was documented by a reporter that got stuck on the poorer side of town. That area looked like a giant crater when the hurricane passed by.

Don't worry Trump has the perfect solution - revert everything to coal.

Might want to consider moving north/inland, seems this has become the new "normal".
Not kidding here, ( most )people don't realize how critical situation is ( with earth's climate). Effects we're seeing now are from 3-4 decades past of industrialization: that's before India's and China's boom.

Here, we don't have these storms here, we have rather problems with too strong rain, causing sudden floods.

Back
Top Bottom