Last game(s) you bought

Son'y DualShock 4 controller… best damn game controller in the world. Use it with DS4Windows and get like 8 extra re-programmable functions compared to that primitive Xbox One/Steam controller that feels like a melted soccer ball in your hands. Just thought I'd pop my head in this thread for a second to say that :D

I also use the DualShock 4 with DS4Windows, and yeah, it's great. Definitely my favorite among all the gamepads I've tried. I don't use it for many PC games, but it's perfect for when I'm playing emulated console titles.

I also use the DualShock 4 with DS4Windows, and yeah, it's great. Definitely my favorite among all the gamepads I've tried. I don't use it for many PC games, but it's perfect for when I'm playing emulated console titles.

I always buy one when they're on sale for $29 shipped. Well, actually I only own two. The first one purchased several years ago is still going strong. Ironically, when I bought that first DS4 controller I thought it was the most useless gimmicky piece of shit ever made. Some guy at a computer trade show in China whose booth is one giant RGB LED must have designed this, I assumed. "What the fuck is this thing?" I growled when I first saw that touchpad for example. Little did I know that it was 8 extra buttons (including Swipes) I could re-program. It remained in storage for another year as I continued to use my Xbox360 controllers. Then I discovered DS4Windows, and all was different. All my Xbox One/360 controllers are now in permanent storage

I picked up Disgaea Five for the computer today. I already own it for the Switch, but only played maybe three hours and don't mind starting over, as I simply love these games. It's only been out a week so far, so I'm not sure when I'll actually play it, might hold off another week or so.

How are the kb/m controls ?

I picked up Disgaea Five for the computer today. I already own it for the Switch, but only played maybe three hours and don't mind starting over, as I simply love these games. It's only been out a week so far, so I'm not sure when I'll actually play it, might hold off another week or so.

I've not tried it out on the computer as of yet, right now I'm downloading it as I just finished Technomancer today. I can pop in and see how the keyboard and mouse function, that's easily done and I'll report back here in this thread.

Well, that was easy enough. Downloaded the game and played the first scenario twice, first using keyboard and second time using a controller. It played flawlessly on both, with no lag or latency that I noticed. I prefer the keyboard myself, except for those times that I recline back and use the controller instead. Time to game on, doood!!!

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

Funny thing is, I don't even have a PS4. However, I decided this week that I'm getting a PS4 Pro sometime between now and Christmas. Hopefully I'll get a discount on Black Friday. I happened to walk into a Gamestop today and they were already running a Black Friday sale for some of the games. HZD was only $10 so I grabbed it.

Dino Crisis. I was a bit disappointed to see this not make the cut for the Playstation Classic. After they revealed the final 15 games and DC wasn't on there, I looked it up on the PSN store and picked it up.

Movement is a bit…wonky? Archaic? Hard to describe. It takes a little getting used to, but the slow pace of the game allows you to get accustomed to the control scheme. I'm getting a lot of old school Resident Evil and even Parasite Eve vibes, which is always welcome in my opinion.

@JDR13;, you won't be disappointed with HZD. I think the game world is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. I think it's genuinely one of the best looking games, and I still can't believe they achieved that on a console.

Not me, I'll just stick with my computer and hope any really good titles will make it there eventually. I believe I'm done with consoles.

Me neither. But it's HZD and it's JDR. Him spending $ on Antikythera mechanism and not on a new 10hours long, 50 gigs big, Doom, cmon, it's positive news worth thumbing up! :D

I'll get a PS4 someday when it's down to $40 on eBay I'm sure.
I hope that's with HZD included.

In all seriousness, the last of us and HZD are really games that I want to play. Probably much higher on the list than other games I recently bought, but i just can't be bothered buying a console for it. It's not even about money, just laziness :)

I picked up a couple dirt cheap games during the Halloween sale, (both games under $5)

I got The Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood (old west shooter)
and
Hard West deluxe edition -includes the expansion/dlc (it's a tactics turn based game with an interesting setting of old west and horror)

Since there were price drops i bought

Spiderman
Shadow of the Colossus
(PS4)

...and i instantly regretted it. it's a bad / old habit, really.. "ohh it's half the price! I must buy since it's supposed to be so good!!!". They'll most likely end up collecting dust after i have checked out the graphics (which i still enjoy doing for games).

Spiderman
Shadow of the Colossus
(PS4)

…and i instantly regretted it. it's a bad / old habit, really.. "ohh it's half the price! I must buy since it's supposed to be so good!!!". They'll most likely end up collecting dust after i have checked out the graphics (which i still enjoy doing for games).

Spiderman actually looks pretty good. People are raving about it, and it has an 8.7 average on Metacritic.

I probably won't get it because I'm not much of a Spidey fan, but it looks to be on par with the Batman games in terms of quality.

You listed two games right ? Which one is awful - or are both awful ?

Spiderman
Shadow of the Colossus
(PS4)

…and i instantly regretted it. it's a bad / old habit, really.. "ohh it's half the price! I must buy since it's supposed to be so good!!!". They'll most likely end up collecting dust after i have checked out the graphics (which i still enjoy doing for games).

You listed two games right ? Which one is awful - or are both awful ?

Both have really high scores. Both are kind of interesting to me. I just suck at playing games, taking the time to play them, that is.

I probably won't get it because I'm not much of a Spidey fan, but it looks to be on par with the Batman games in terms of quality.

Yes, i have bought all the Batman games for PC too, i like them. I think i've played like 3-4h on 2 of them, lol.

I guess for me it's 90% down to collecting games which i potentially could play and have a good time with them, but usually i end up doing more creative things instead. I like to collect and surround myself with things that i could use, sometime. It's dumb and especially so when i'm not exactly rich.

I've found personally over the years that no matter how highly rated a game might be, if the style isn't something you enjoy, it likely won't be that good for you. Same with novels, telly, and movies I guess.

Just got a copy of The Last of Us Remastered off Ebay. I played the original version of the game several years ago on PS3, but this is one of those rare titles that I look forward to replaying.

Back
Top Bottom