The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Kyuss-Blues for the Red Sun, Corrosion of Conformity-Blind, and Electric Wizard-Dopethrone are always close by...

When I see that title I can only think of the Kate Bush song from the 80's (MySpace is mega-blocked at work so I can't check out the link)
Iz a cover of that one. Quite a good cover, IMO.

"Strict Machine" from Goldfrapp
The YouTube concert video on that page is for the same song. Kinda fun, kinda weird.

Now playing on my iPod Shuffle:
A daily required dose of Das Wohltemperierte Klavier by J.S. Bach, a collection of different preludes, performed by the likes of Gould, Schiff, Zacharias and Holland's own Ivo Janssen. Then it's on to the etudes of Chopin, played by Pollini, Perahia and Lugansky. I like to compare different performances of the same preludes and etudes. After that it's the integral Joshua Tree all the way to the soundtracks of Lost, Shine, The Gladiator, Lord of the Rings, Finding Nemo, American Beauty and Forrest Gump. In between somewhere I pass Keane (only selected songs though), Coldplay, Radiohead, Snow Patrol, Soundgarden, Limp Bizkit and the unsurpassable voices of Annie Lennox, Bjork and Bobby McFerrin. To top it off some Dutch artists named Marco Borsato and Acda & de Munnik. Cramped into the last megabytes are some tracks from Planescape: Torment. And I didn't even let it fill up randomly.......

I had done a blog entry a while ago when I got a shuffle about how it freed me from the 'what am I listening to next' decision making process ...

Liked the blog, especially the "control issue" is very recognizable. What is it with guys obsessing about organizing stuff into neat categories? While life has it's way with us in an often completely random and haphazard way we desperately try to put some order into things that we can control. In neuroscience they often say that the brain of an autistic person is just a man's brain in overdrive. I'm ashamed to say I haven't tried out the shuffle function.....it scares me.....Well, at the least it annoys me :) Tomorrow I'll walk on the wild side for once...I'll liberate my muscial cortex and feed it random tunes...

Listening to "She Moves in her Own Way - The Kooks". =)

"Long Time Coming" by Delays
"Faded Seaside Glamour" is an incredible cd. I could listen to it daily and never get bored. Too bad "You See Colours" couldn't maintain that level of quality (although it was a decent cd in its own right).

Listening to my all-time favorites Laibach - WAT

Celtic Frost - Dawn of Meggido

No better time to listen to good old school heavy metal than Halloween! Followed later of course by a steady hours-long Samhain/Misfits/Danzig marathon

It's all about Iron Maiden at the moment for me, as I'm going to a concert in about three weeks with them.

Also, the Gothic 3 soundtrack sticks to my mind after a few hours of gaming, great music.

Bach's Brandeburg concertos, which I never tire of listening.
Stuff by Hildegard of bingen, beautiful, haunting music.
Led Zep, always.

Clips, ye lazy bums! Clips!

Blind Guardian - Somewhere far Beyond

My power metal guilty pleasure. I'm sorry, it just sounds like 80's metal sped up, it's the stuff Id normally hate. But I have just grown to like it, I dont know quite how but it's sunk in.....

"It - The Gathering" by Savage Circus

Thomen left Blind Guardian and busted out his own power/speed metal outfit, and Dreamland manor is their debut. It's really grown on me. Lots of diverse songs, really speedy, and sufficiently technical, this is good metal by people who obviously love metal! For instance, this song is all about Stephen King's story "It", my favorite song on the cd.
You just dont get stuff like this every day, I cant wait til their next cd.

After the Arcanum discussion, this afternoon I have stuff to do at my desk so I strapped on my headphones and plugged in my iPod and am listening to the Arcanum soundtrack ...

In honor of the band putting two songs in the October top25 on the Vertigo Live365 radio station:

"Add Up to Two" by blueScreen

Back
Top Bottom