The TV Series discussion thread

A new gem for all genders, but definetly not for kids: The Haunting of Hill House.
It's creepy, it's eery and it's playing with your mind till it's very end. At first you'll be confused why is it jumping back and forward in time, but it's carefully wowen narrative that will hit you hard in the 5th episode and it won't stop unraveling the mystery with the same, very effective, "trick".

Don't know if you noticed, but in many scenes there are ghosts 'hidden in the background'. I noticed in like episode 5 and saw them in almost every episode afterwards, and probably missed them in the first episodes. Maybe I'll rewatch it next year during halloween and will check again.
Why do you say the scene in the basement was unnecessary? It's basically the explanation for the tall ghost with a hat.

If any of you are into watching Kdrama do watch a show called Memory.

The drama depicts his vigorous efforts trying to protect the precious value of the life and family love, while his memory starts fading away.
Loved the actors and how one man finds redemption before his memory fades.

Link - https://www.viki.com/videos/1099301v-trailer-3?locale=en

This isn’t supposed to happen to someone so young. Park Tae Suk (Lee Sung Min) is in his 40s and at the peak of his professional career as a powerful high-profile attorney with a major law firm. His ruthless tactics to do everything he can for his elite clients upsets his new junior associate, Jeong Jin (Lee Joon Ho), who nonetheless is forced to work with him for fear of facing financial penalties if he breaks his new employment contract with the firm. But Tae Suk’s legal mind is unrivaled and legendary in professional circles, and he is recognized wherever he goes and sought-after by wealthy clients. Tae Suk has clawed his way to the top from humble beginnings and has had to overcome the death of his first son with Na Eun Sun (Park Jin Hee), who is now a judge and his ex-wife. Tae Suk is married to Seo Yeong Joo (Kim Ji Soo), who feels neglected because of his demanding job, and has two children, Jung Woo (Nam Da Reum) and Yeon Woo (Kang Ji Woo). Tae Suk’s high-flying life hits a major speed bump one day when he discovers that he has early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Symptoms had already started manifesting itself in his daily routine when he keeps forgetting his wallet, his cellphone and places he needs to go. With the help of his trusty assistant, Bong Sun Hwa (Yoon So Hee), and Jin, can Tae Suk protect his professional reputation and the family that he loves before his precious memory starts to fade?

The drama depicts his vigorous efforts trying to protect the precious value of the life and family love, while his memory starts fading away.
I have to point you to this post of mine:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061507229&postcount=3842
It's an unique treat. Ignore people comparing it with Memento, it's nothing like it. It's available not only on Viki but also on Netflix. Not in all countries sadly but well. VPN.

Not really, sound different again, but for god's sakes where were you hiding that title? I want to watch it asap! Maybe it's good, maybe it's not, but synopsis sounds promising.
Find me more please! Don't be dartagnan who doesn't appreciate gems coming from his country. Okay, he doesn't appreciate anything really unless it fits his delusions about real life and actual people.

As this is series thread, speaking about dart's delusions where 99.99% of people are disgustingly good while just an irrelevant minority is "flawed", lemme remind everyone that there is very good show also from Belgium. Because it got burried with beating the dead mainstream horses:
My exploration of exotics turned out fruitful (again? yes again!).

This series starts slow, honestly, they could (and should have) cut at least a third from first 3 episodes. Each episode is an hour and 20 minutes long!
But when things start rolling, hell I wished later episodes lasted even longer. Okay I'm exaggerating, later episodes don't waste time and justify every second.

Did anyone watch Justified? The show widely known as "presents what USA actually looks like"? Well, not really, Justified was one of those series that shows what humanity looks like.
This time, the hell breaks lose in a small town in Belgium where someone is killing children. There, just a few good people are struggling against the majority. Majority is evil people. No, not horror movies cliches, there is a different scale of evil in each character, you'll find your neighbors, coworkers, friends and family in each of them!

Can't now remember who wrote the other day noone was born evil. Dunno where you live, everyone was born evil, including you and me. Over time we accepted it fully or partially, or ditched it completely.
This series is not ment for those who believe everyone is good by default. It's for all of you, all of us to be precise, who are struggling against evil majority.

The show comes from Belguim and is titled Ennemi public.

Because of a few boring (okay, GRINDING!) parts in first three episodes and several hollywoodized "let's look badass" illogical scenes (you don't pull out gun for no reason while a house is empty) I can't put max score on this.

Whatever you're watching currently, just drop it and find out who's killing children in this near masterpiece:
9/10

Now please. Before Hollywood learns about it and does a silly remake.

A question, do we have anyone from Belgium here? It was a coincidence I stumbled upon this show while I was searching something else. Any other title I should give a try?

Hint: You sure I'm wrong about humanity? Okay then. Google for "war atrocities" please.

Romance movies don't have to be terrible, though the vast majority are because they cater to women's "Knight in shining armor" or "white picket fence" fantasies. Miracle Mile (1988) with Anthony Edwards and Mare Winningham for example is an intense romantic drama yet it's an equally intense "the day before" nuclear holocaust scenario - one of the best in that genre. I urge you all to see it if you haven't.

That one is a masterpiece so +1 on recommendation.

I took a look at episode 1 of The Haunting of Hill House. It's written, conceived and directed by Mike Flanagan. That alone is reason enough to watch it since he's never disappointed me with any of his movies that I've seen (Hush, Oculus, Gerald's Game) , and if you give him creative control can take even a crappy Hasbro game-to-movie franchise and make it into an effective and creepy PG-rated horror film. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Looks like some online television platform might actually be doing the Wild Card series. I've been a big fan of the books since the eighties, and if they do this correctly, we'll have a fine new world to visit every so often on the telly!

This sounds interesting:
https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cbs-all-access-true-crime-series-interrogation-1203026029/

CBS All Access has given out a straight-to-series order to the true-crime series “Interrogation,” Variety has learned.

The series is based on a true story that spanned more than 30 years, in which a young man was charged and convicted of brutally murdering his mother. Each episode is structured around an interrogation taken directly from the real police case files. The first nine episodes of the series will be available to watch in any order, while the season finale will be released at a later date.
While having nonlinear set of episodes, there won't be choices and consequences integrated of course, but honestly, how come noone before tried to upgrade what Rashomon started half a century ago.
Maybe in near future we see nonlinear with c&c show on streaming platforms. When it happens, count me in.

Any love for the Aussie show Danger 5 around here?

Well, I was wondering if the show was well know outside of and in Australia, I guess it's settled…
It's a shame, it is a very fun adult show.
It contain a lot of sex and violence, though, so it's not recommendable for everyone.
It has that unashamed and easy-going feeling that (for me, living on the other side of the planet) represent the Aussie culture.

It's not because the doctor is female.
The new season went sjw. First it shocked fans by going to USA fighting over rights to use bus seats depending on ethnicity, now it went to India documenting hindi/muslim "divorce". I mean, wtf. Those things might be a part of someone's history, respect, but it's not my history and honestly I don't care for that bullshit in a show that's supposed to be scifi trashy crazyness.

If the showrunner continues pushing politics into it, expect even less numbers. Which would be a shame - the cast is imo fantastic.

EDIT:
If it matters, I've read the article after posting this which means I'm on the same track as many are.
Any love for the Aussie show Danger 5 around here?
Never heard, based on that trailer not interested, no Sarah Palin in it.
Waiting for Iron Sky 2:

Last edited:
This is my favorite Doctor Who season in a long while. I loved the episodes of Rose and the last one about India-Pakistan's separation. A couple of episodes I liked and only one I didn't care for. And the new Doctor is killing it, also love the old companion (the other two not so much). I still think the perfect number of companions is 2.

Back
Top Bottom