Gaming BS of the week

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I really, honestly, have to. And it probably won't be a week because it seems almost every day another one appears. And I'm tired of posting them in different threads instead on one place.

Like it or not, agree or not, feel free to ignore all this or laugh over such stuff with me.

-

Today's entry, what a surprise, comes from Ubisoft.
Ubi sent out a survey to random number of fans. First survey question was gender.

The thing is, if you put "female", the survey kicks you out with words “your profile did not suit”. O_O
This just added to the recent crap some of us remember - lack of female assassins in AC:Unity and idiotic excuses Ubi made that it's too hard, complicated and whatnot to make. Does Ubi hate women? Dunno.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/07/06/women-prove-too-hard-for-ubisoft-once-again-in-awkward-survey-goof/

Ubisoft followed up pretty quickly by saying it was all a terrible error, and opened the survey to “everyone”

Last edited:
Eh, probably it IS a mistake, though pretty damn funny one, considering THEY initiated the survey that probably no one asked for.
Vivaldi must be getting to them. :p
Besides, didn't they brag about Syndicate having a transcrosssemiquasiwhatever in their game?

I have taken surveys which does exactly that when I select "male" as an option. Some surveys target certain section of the population however I am not saying this is one of those...

Whats even more strange is that some of these surveys are for products targeted at men, for example Lynx shower gel for Men!

I have taken surveys which does exactly that when I select "male" as an option. Some surveys target certain section of the population however I am not saying this is one of those…

Whats even more strange is that some of these surveys are for products targeted at men, for example Lynx shower gel for Men!

I'm not sure how strange this is. Its not important to companies who uses the product, but who buys it. If wives or girlfriends buy this more than the men who use it, then they are the only target the companies care about.

I'm not sure how strange this is. Its not important to companies who uses the product, but who buys it. If wives or girlfriends buy this more than the men who use it, then they are the only target the companies care about.

I can confirm this is true. The lady at the barber asked me what type of shampoo I was using, and the answer was, "whichever one I find in the shower." :biggrin:

I'm working in an hospital now, although now in the treatment area.
It's been 2 times now that I was referred to as "Mrs" when I answered the phone … A fellow employee just said that "there are too many women working here [in the hospital]. When you are answering the phone, you are at first [assumed to be] a woman."

I can confirm this is true. The lady at the barber asked me what type of shampoo I was using, and the answer was, "whichever one I find in the shower." :biggrin:

You mean you don't care about what brand of sodium lauryl sulfate you use????

But it could be sulfatier! :biggrin:

Yeah, this was the stupidest thing I saw last week. Sadly, cynical as I am, it didn't surprise me at all, coming from Ubisoft. >.>

Pokemon Go.

If you still haven't heard about it, you will. Apparently, this phone application is spreading like a plague.

On paper the idea doesn't look bad. In a sort of augmented reality your phone serves as a "detector" of life not visible with bare eyes. Also, the phone shows you points of interest where you can walk/drive and do one of several activities. And seems that anyone can create a point of interest (can't be sure, I don't want to install this thing on my phone). Isn't this great? You create a point of interest and someone comes and you're socializing in real world instead of damned facebooks?

In reality, this is one of the worst ideas ever.
While making the reality "augmented", application creators were living in their own utopian world where nothing bad ever happens. The thing is, application is used everywhere, not just in their small "safe" space.

So now there is a report on (possible) robbers luring Pokemon Go players to the place of their choice:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body

Thanks to recent media coverage of classic USA violence I can think of even worse effect - now the USA triggerhappy police definelty has an excuse that they thought someone has a weapon (it'll be a phone pointed in a way it "shouldn't").

Socialization benefits? Sorry, but people used to socialize for thousands of years without this crap.
Oh yeah, seeing what company that application comes from, I'm not surprised.

Last edited:
You use shampoo? I frequently just grab the hand soap.

When I lived in the jungle, I used to stand under a bucket of water with a hole in the bottom, and rub a bar of soap on my head. When I got fed up with that, I shaved my hair. It's fair to say I'm not an expert on men's beauty products, and I never use the exfoliating apricot buttock-softener, or the other curious potions in the shower.

Pokemon Go.

If you still haven't heard about it, you will. Apparently, this phone application is spreading like a plague.

On paper the idea doesn't look bad. In a sort of augmented reality your phone serves as a "detector" of life not visible with bare eyes. Also, the phone shows you points of interest where you can walk/drive and do one of several activities. And seems that anyone can create a point of interest (can't be sure, I don't want to install this thing on my phone). Isn't this great? You create a point of interest and someone comes and you're socializing in real world instead of damned facebooks?

In reality, this is one of the worst ideas ever.
While making the reality "augmented", application creators were living in their own utopian world where nothing bad ever happens. The thing is, application is used everywhere, not just in their small "safe" space.

So now there is a report on (possible) robbers luring Pokemon Go players to the place of their choice:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/10/pokemon-go-armed-robbers-dead-body

Thanks to recent media coverage of classic USA violence I can think of even worse effect - now the USA triggerhappy police definelty has an excuse that they thought someone has a weapon (it'll be a phone pointed in a way it "shouldn't").

Socialization benefits? Sorry, but people used to socialize for thousands of years without this crap.
Oh yeah, seeing what company that application comes from, I'm not surprised.

Last, I read a 19 year old girl was stumbling over a dead body while looking for a cute water pokemon, a church was being invaded by pokemongers, the police station was too crowded for them to work effectively because it was a pokemon training site. Madness is upon us!

Well maybe not.

After making the post, I started to think about it some more. Everyone already knows about my love for the company involved, but this time I actually think they did the world a favor.

Thanks to the plague abuse, quite a few "hunters" will end up removed from the chessboard.
Who'd have thought that a company I can't hate more would provide a solution to overpopulation - with almost the same honeypot system they've been tricking people into for decades!

Today's winner is EA. What a surprise, right?

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1-system-requirements/
The minimum spec:

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

Doesn't stop there:
https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-1/ultimate-edition

130 euro?
I'm laughing like crazy yet noone's tickling me.
Perhaps I should see a shrink soon.

No, it means a complete game without anything cut away.

Yep. They already had a $/€130 UE for Star Wars Battlefront and from the looks of it found enough morons to buy that edition or they would not repeat it :) .
It will be interesting to see whether the price comes crashing down as fast as with SWBF (currently €39.99 for the UE with the 50% off promo code from a regular price of €79.99). Probably not since Battlefield is arguably the more popular franchise that will sell better over a longer period of time.

Today's one comes from PCGamer:
http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2-4k-pc-footage-looks-pretty-impressive/

Titanfall 2 4K PC footage looks pretty impressive

The same site that has an article on taking PC screenshots with this pic as an example where the snow in hair looks much better while in motion during your gameplay, the pic is from Rise of the Tomb Raider and yes, this is not CGI thing but actual game visuals:

pic.jpg

You may get bigger pic by changing res number (put 640 or 1080 or higher instead of 2160 in the link):
http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/A7GnVyUazcoeZW6dfEUqGK-2160-80.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone ever heard of Ubisoft? Yea, me neither.

Anyway, it's some company that apparently publishes games and is highly innovative.
Their newest innovation comes in form of DLC. The business model people used to got changed, most probably by "popular demand" aka the customer is always right.

Frontiers, DLC for Anno 2205 game, is not covered by season pass. Season pass (or gold version) owners learned it today - they need to shell out more $ if they want this "ultimate" DLC although they have both base game and sp.
There are already 5 new thumb down reactions today, wouldn't surprise me to see hundreds of them soon:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/375910/

Back
Top Bottom