The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Since Peter not calling I assume monk will be going alone lol. Should have seen the insane group that invited me last week after regular time to be "cannon fodder" lol.
Actually finished the Kobold Assault quest on elite lol.

Anyone wants to hook up the monk is named Marionelle.

Forgot to point out that my Skype is in my profile, and is the same as my yahoo and aim sn's.

Siusaidh and Rachail are my two characters; though Rachail is under constant re-rolling. Might run her as another Cleric again, or maybe as a Paladin. Completely F2P, so no paid adventures for now. Maybe later.

I still can't get skype NOR the game to work but if I ever do I will keep you posted.

T, what are your specific problems? We should be able to fix this!!

same as before with the pando issue. no matter how many times I load and reload it it doesnt not seem to work and lately tech service has given up.

Have you tried re-downloading the original download file? It could be a corrupted download. If you have, then you might look for another location to download from.

DDO doesn't have any "tech help". Or anyone fixing it's unending string of bugs. The tech help section at the official DDO forums is just other users, who may or may not know what they're talking about. Same as here.

Wonder if one of us did a zip of the file she might be able to open it. But if Skype is issue as well it may be something her pc is blocking. Maybe need admin log in or something?

I actually sent her my Panda file, but it didn't work. I think a relevant backup and reformat is what's needed. Once the OS is reinstalled and other basics added then it will likely download properly if done early.

Windows Vista or 7? Removing either and installing XP might work.

Actually, I saw that there's been some luck getting DDO to run in Wine, as well. So that may be an option, though don't get me to lying on how to set it up. I went with XP for games, and Ubuntu when I want to surf safely.

I'm running it in Win 7 and Vista. I actually couldn't get it to work properly in XP 64.

Hmm. Strange. HD, or regular? It runs fine for me, save for when it knocks out my sound (which thankfully hasn't happened since the last major update). Than again, XP 64 is kinda hacked together, while I run the stable, XP 32 bit (since I really don't need the 64 bit version).

I'll admit, I haven't tried Win 7, and don't really want to. I will, eventually, I'm just dreading it because I know MS's past well enough that I expect 90% of what I own to stop working entirely, or for some stupid DRM-scheme to prevent me from listening to music I've owned since Win95.

Win 7 has given me NO problems at all so far running 64 bit. I've had a couple of compatability warnings such as with DS for U6P, but I have been able to run U6P. I MUCH prefer it to Vista. DDO would load and run in XP 64 for about 5-10 mins then freeze forcing a reboot. Enjoyed having you with us today.

I promise nothing but I may have DnD up and running sooner than expected. No explanations forthcoming. I just think I figured it out. No skype yet. Prolly never but at least Ive been able to create characters. So will see.

What is the Skype issue T? You were able to hear me the other day and getting a mic to work can't be too hard. Together we can all do this.

On a different note, I'll have to finish early next week by 15-30 mins cause I have an appointment to keep.

Good session and welcome azraelck to the group. It was fun, and hopefully you will be a regular.

anyone interested in joining me in game today to show me things Im not getting the hang of? Will look back in a while for any takers. Thanks much!

I'm around T so just let me know when you want a guide.

what is your game name and I will look for you, unless it is to late.

Back
Top Bottom