Hero-U - Publicity and Patch 2

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Hero-U talks about publicity and patch two.

They Like Us!

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is off to a great start including some nice press coverage. I’m occasionally updating https://steamcommunity.com/games/375440/announcements/detail/1715194885562614837 with new coverage.

Some review quotes:

• PC Gamer: “Hero-U is a worthy successor to Sierra's Quest for Glory.”
  • Kotaku: “... a wealth of backstory, role-playing elements, puns.”
  • Kotaku: “This is a fun new way to experience some classic old-school adventuring.”
  • Emotional Multimedia Ride: “a love letter to classic fantasy with a bit of humor thrown in.”
  • Adventure Gamers: “a well-designed and inviting experience”
  • RageQuit (Greece): “Hero-U exceeds the sum of its parts to deliver an experience that is part journey through time, part heartfelt tribute to an innocence you believed long lost and a damn addictive game in its own right.”
  • Robert Aspinall: “It's like Persona had a baby with Quest for Glory, and the baby grew up, and she's totally hot.”
  • ComicGate: “After the grim games of recent years, it is refreshing to dive into a world where doing good feels damn good.”

Testing Game Improvements

We've pushed a beta test version of "Patch 2" to Steam. If you want to help us verify that it's ok to release this build, right-click Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption in the Steam app, choose Properties, then the BETAS tab. Select "beta - Build Candidate" click "CHECK CODE" - there is no password.

Notable changes in this build:

• We upgraded to Unity 5.6.6. This could affect lighting, movies, or other issues.
  • We fixed the Bossa Nova achievement; it is possible to obtain now.
  • We fixed romance issues with Thomas and Joel.
  • Some door and wall collisions have been fixed.
  • A quest involving the Librarian now works if you complete it before getting the quest.
  • Shawn can sell more excess equipment.
  • Assorted graphical polish.
  • We improved the technical manual resolution and fixed errors in it.
Please report any problems you find to the Hero-U bug forum - http://www.hero-u.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=41&sid=96f2bf7a48f4dcabdb9ddc96a420fe5f. Caution: Some posts there contain spoilers. For now, please prioritize serious problems; we need to get a patch out that fixes those, and we will continue to improve the game for future patches.

We will push beta test builds of future patches from time to time, so be sure to go back to "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" if you want to have a guaranteed stable build. Your saved games should work in any of the builds.

As usual, contact support (at) hero-u (dot) net if you have problems.

What's Next?

After this patch goes live, I will post another update with information about our upcoming projects and physical rewards fulfillment. We are currently working on the Art Book, Bestiary, and Soundtrack, to be followed by the Yearbook and Hint Guide.

[...]
More information.

This game gets my third vote on goty unless something better appears… KCD and Y0 will take first two positions ofc.

With just a few tricks this could have been my #1 (better visuals so it can't be ported to phones ever, hidden targets to discover instead of timelimited set of moves, etc), but it's still awsome.

What a silly boy. The graphics on phones in a few years will easily meet the mid-range
graphics computers of today and they already meet the main-stream audience of today's computers which is the target of this game.

This game gets my third vote on goty unless something better appears… KCD and Y0 will take first two positions ofc.

With just a few tricks this could have been my #1 (better visuals so it can't be ported to phones ever, hidden targets to discover instead of timelimited set of moves, etc), but it's still awsome.

I have insider info about the content of PATCH 4:
Aliens arrive and begin taking over the University, massacring everybody on sight. Shawn is turned by an alien zombie parasite and you play with the only immune uninfected: The Kwirk! To free humanity and planet Earth, erm.. the University.
captainKwirk.jpg

This game has a tiele that is incredibly difficult in its wordgame to translate into other languages than English. It's frightening to see how little value international markets - international languages other than English - have to developers.

Unless the hero's name begins with an U.

Back
Top Bottom