Chrono Trigger - Switch Graphical Styles

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Chrono Trigger will receive an update mid April that will allow switching between graphical styles, meaning hi-resolution and the original graphical style.

CHRONO TRIGGER – An Update

3 April - sunilg
Hi everyone,
Thanks for all of your feedback, patience and support so far.

We have been working on addressing the issues that you’ve raised, and will be releasing a number of patches over the coming months as we continue to support CHRONO TRIGGER on Steam.

We’re aiming to release the first of these patches in the first half of April, and the biggest change is that it will include an option to switch between the current high-resolution graphics, and the original graphical style of CHRONO TRIGGER.

We’ll post a full list of changes here when the first patch is released. For now, be assured that we’re working very hard on adjusting, updating and supporting CHRONO TRIGGER on Steam.

As CHRONO TRIGGER is going to receive patches over the coming months, we are going to extend the availability of the Limited Edition until:
5PM, April 30th BST / 9AM, April 30th PDT

Thanks again from all of us on the CHRONO TRIGGER team.
More information.

Wasn't the point of the original game (that I've never heard of :)) selling certain controls scheme that ain't mushrooms nor K+M?
Well then, if they believe visual style will save the day, they're more delusional than me.

It is almost like they thought people would be grateful to simply have this product on Steam. The sheer arrogance, in releasing what is one of the top rpg's ever in this state is almost unforgivable, but I'll be watching. Taking over a month to evaluate what the issues are also seems a bit odd.

It is almost like they thought people would be grateful to simply have this product on Steam.

I think Breathe of the Wild could get away with that 😁

It is almost like they thought people would be grateful to simply have this product on Steam. The sheer arrogance, in releasing what is one of the top rpg's ever in this state is almost unforgivable, but I'll be watching. Taking over a month to evaluate what the issues are also seems a bit odd.

Besides the negative feedback on the visuals, what else is wrong with it?

Going by the chatter on the forums it is a bit buggy too.

Yeah I had a crash within an hour of play time. Completely unacceptable for an old port of a flawless game.

Yeah I've not bought the Steam version myself, but two friends have and they call it horrid. This game simply deserved better, as did the computer folk that may have waited quite some time to play it.

Yeah I've not bought the Steam version myself, but two friends have and they call it horrid. This game simply deserved better, as did the computer folk that may have waited quite some time to play it.

As many people have stated, this game is easy to find an emulator for and it seems to be the preferred method of playing the game. If I ever do play it again (I played it for the first time way back when it first came out on SNES) I'll likely play it on an emulator. Though I've long since traded in the SNES cartridge (long before it was worth anything), I still have the PSX version of game on my shelf.

I've got mixed feelings about the Steam release. On the one hand, it's great that they're giving a whole new generation an opportunity to play it. On the other hand though, with how little work they put into making this a quality port (and they seem to have ported the mobile version, of all things) it just feels like a cheap cash grab and seeing it released in this sorry state is really unfortunate, especially considering it was one of the greats.

Really sucks to see Square-Enix the way they are these days. It's like seeing a person who used to be incredible and now they're in a nursing home saying stuff like "Did I ever tell you about _____?" or trying to relive their glory days. =(

Really sucks to see Square-Enix the way they are these days. It's like seeing a person who used to be incredible and now they're in a nursing home saying stuff like "Did I ever tell you about _____?" or trying to relive their glory days. =(

That seems to be the way they are when it comes to PC ports of their older titles, but I think they deserve some credit for their newer ports like FFXII and FFXV.

Back
Top Bottom