RPG Codex - GOTY 2020 Vote

So basically the Myrthos goty

Pick three off a list and allow the option to write your own works for me.

If I want polls from staticians that are proven wrong. I'll watch the news.:p

I like having both systems. RPG Codex method is more complex but pretty interesting - especially when you look at the resulting graphs. Watch's is simpler but still has enough complexity to be interesting.

I'll sum up 2020 for me personally.:cool:

In 2020 the vast majority of games were remakes, reboots, remasters, or independent games. I guess I'm an old grognard as most of those games didn't appeal to me.:p

Stop playing only Madden and FIFA! :p

Stop playing only Madden and FIFA! :p
Nah I'm a PC only player nowadays you plebeian. Seems I buy 10-15 new games a year if I'm lucky. The rest come from gifts and bundles. Also only play 4x and RPG's mostly.;)

I haven't played anything released this year (except Troubleshooter which I only spent like 4.5 hours) so I can't vote.

Next year is looking better for me though :)

That is just too complicated. For the RPGWatch GOTY, I just ask you for 3 games, throw everything away and just make something up for the end result. It is much easier that way and as nobody has found out by now, I apparently am good at making stuff up.
We are all fans of dice-governed universes anyway, RNG all the way! ;)

I'll sum up 2020 for me personally.:cool:

In 2020 the vast majority of games were remakes, reboots, remasters, or independent games. I guess I'm an old grognard as most of those games didn't appeal to me.:p

Get used to it, it's only going to keep happening. With so many games having amassed over the years, and original ideas less and less feasible.

It's not unlike music, which has less and less approaches and styles available and there's not a lot of possibilities for anything genuinely new.

Welcome to the saturation of all types of art and creations; games, music, shows, or otherwise, and they're only going to continue to get remade, remixed, remastered, rerecorded, replayed, rewritten, rereleased, and more saturated :)

That is to force people to make a decision.
Similar reasoning to Steam reviews only offering a good/bad review decision.

As soon as you allow a "meh" option, most people will automatically just pick that if they have no strong feelings about a game.
But having no strong feelings about a game makes the game pretty invalid for your GOTY, choice, so why even offer the option in this vote?

Steam reviews should still offer a neutral option, but that's not really related.

Thanks for the explanation, still don’t care for it though.

Doesn’t really matter to me though. I’m not invested in what game wins I just like to look over the list of games to see if there’s anything I’ve missed over the year.

Results are out @HiddenX & @joxer will be pleased.:p

Link - https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11612

Game of the Year
1st - Wasteland 3
2nd - Yakuza: Like a Dragon
3rd - Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

Actually Cyberpunk 2077 won 1st but you know stupid RPGCodex logic says it didn't.

xadQG8u.png

As you can see, in 2020 only two RPGs were really popular: Cyberpunk 2077 and Wasteland 3. And while Cyberpunk's position at the very top seems impressive, only 58% of voters played it. That's much lower than games like Divinity:OS2, Disco Elysium and even ELEX had.

Back
Top Bottom