KoA: Reckoning - DLC Legend of Dead Kel Announced

aries100

SasqWatch
From GameBanshee comes news that a new DLC, Called Legend of Kel, will be released on March 20th 2012 for the PC, (Origin and Steam), Xbox 360 (Xbox Live) and PS3 (PSN). The DLC will feature new Twist of Fates, new enemy types, items, new landmass to the game's world, as well as new quests. A quote:
The Legend of Dead Kel DLC and the story of Gallows End will feature:
• An Epic New Questline – The Legend of Dead Kel is only part of the story of Gallows End. It intertwines with numerous side quests, multiple dungeons to explore and a colorful cast of characters
• New Enemies, Dungeons, Items – Multiple new enemies and enemy variants, a new dungeon type: Dverga Fastings, three new Twists of Fate, eight new armor sets, eight new shields and 18 new unique weapons
• The Ultimate Player Housing – Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it's a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks
• Tons more to Explore – The Legend of Dead Kel DLC adds in more than 15% of additional land to traverse and explore in the already massively expansive world that is Amalur
As you can see this is a story-based DLC and it'll cost money as far as I can tell.
More information.

http://reckoning.amalur.com/r/dlc/dead-kel

It says it will cost 10 dollars. I don't know how many Euros that would be. Looking at the other DLC which are "amount in dollars = amount in euros", it's probably gonna be 10 euros for Europeans, which is more expensive.

Many gamers said they loved the game but after 20 hours couldnt find the will to continue. Is this true ?

Many gamers said they loved the game but after 20 hours couldnt find the will to continue. Is this true ?

I don't know about that.

But I moderated the way I play after I saw on the livestream event of Reckoning that you might ruin the game for yourself if you level to quickly.

Basically, I don't do all the misc quest since that would make you outlevel your enemies, making them too easy. Instead I do the main quest and most appropriate faction quest and only do additional quest to level up if I come up against difficult enemies I can't get through.

The end result is that I kinda stopped playing it as an open world rpg.

In the end I didn't really adjust my playstyle because of how I myself played but rather as pre-emptive measure because of what I've seen and heard.

It's also possible there is a part in main quest where-after it isn't interesting anymore. If that is the case, I haven't reached it yet.

I wouldn't say 20 hours, but I've hit the wall with it. It's fine once I start playing and while I'm playing it, but as soon as I stop playing, there's not much pulling me back in to play more the next day. However I think it's an overload caused by my play style and not really the games fault.

I decided to go everywhere and do everything, I regret it. I'm was starting to get jaded after 80 hours, I wish I had only done a few side quests here and there instead of everything I could find. I'm confident you can do most or all the faction quests plus the main quest and still reach a pretty high level and have the level scale / difficulty still work reasonably well. However, if you over level like I have you'll need to handicap yourself, the easiest way is by not using blacksmithing... ever. It's incredibly over powered.

I'll pick up the DLC regardless, it does sound good, But I had hoped for a level cap increase (45), I guess that will be in DLC #2. Hopefully it'll actually need an increase in order to make it a challenge.

tl;dr They put too much into their world for a completionist to not get jaded. It's another reason I liked Risen, I could do everything and not get bored, then I could do it all again with a different faction and still spend less time playing it than this completionists behemoth on a single play through.

Looks interesting ... but I am only level 9 so far so long way before I worry about DLC. To many games to play arrrg!

The Ultimate Player Housing – Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it's a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks

I like that. It is imho a huge step towards what I call "social role playing".

Due to the level locking system, this game is not open world and should be completed in a certain order so that end zone content is not locked at a lower level.
Also, Neil(of Two Worlds Two Worldmerge fame) has made a difficulty mod that really ups the challenge for this game.

I am really looking forward to the DLC and the second one that is coming:anything adding more world size and content can't be all bad. I just hope we get the patch soon and one of these DLC's will up the level cap.

The Ultimate Player Housing – Gravehal Keep is more than just player housing, it's a massive estate with multiple buildings and a full retinue of retainers, each with their own back stories, side quests, perks and quirks

This might make me touch the game again since I haven't played it for almost a week now. Got boring quickly especially towards the end.

I did most of the side quests and faction quests and reached the level cap nicely right before the final boss battle, after nearly 100 hours of play. I didn't die even once at normal difficulty, but I don't have a problem with that, since I don't look for a challenge in games. After playing Dark Souls, Reckoning was actually a pleasant change of pace in that regard.

It's a good thing that the game lets you redistribute skills and abilities at will, since trying out different builds helps keeping things interesting. But you need to use your own imagination, because in itself the game is too bland too draw you in.

And again, shame about the faces.

This might make me touch the game again since I haven't played it for almost a week now. Got boring quickly especially towards the end.

Ok so I'm not the only person who hated the 3-mile long grey valley of fight the same enemies over and over?

the easiest way is by not using blacksmithing… ever. It's incredibly over powered.

Yeah... do not use blacksmithing at all really. It killed a good deal of my enjoyment very quickly - by rendering combat unchallenging and even unique artifacts and items were consistently and significantly inferior to what I had already crafted let alone what I would craft by only level 22 (at which point I had weapons and equipment which rendered further loot acquisition pointless through the rest of the game.). Basically, blacksmithing turned combat into a chore of having to click a few times to keep moving through the various plots. Unfortunately, without the challenge of combat or fun of loot acquisition many of the filler/pacing quests and fetch/kill x quests become boring chores rather than the convenient excuses for some fun combat that they are in the beginning.

If you are to have crafting skills in a game like KoA or Skyrim, they have to be "overpowered". What would be the fun in crafting your own equipment if you could find better stuff laying around in the game world?

Anyway, even after 100 hours of play in KoA, salvaging every piece of equipment looted, I still wasn't able to craft exactly what I wanted, because what you get when you salvage is rather random, and pieces with the best bonuses are very rare.

If you are to have crafting skills in a game like KoA or Skyrim, they have to be "overpowered". What would be the fun in crafting your own equipment if you could find better stuff laying around in the game world?

Anyway, even after 100 hours of play in KoA, salvaging every piece of equipment looted, I still wasn't able to craft exactly what I wanted, because what you get when you salvage is rather random, and pieces with the best bonuses are very rare.

Nah what you get is semi-random number of parts whose quality is based on the type (obviously), level, and color quality of what you're breaking down and the the chance of getting the better parts and more total parts is influenced by your skill I think. I had the last items I would ever use at around 20 hours in - and then looked up information on the forums and realized there weren't really any significantly better components out there.

I enjoy the black smithing myself - mainly cause I can name everything. I put enough limits on my character so the game is plenty challenging anyhow.

I played about 10 hours this weekend (a lot for me in any game) and keep surprising myself how much I enjoy it. I am getting use to the lack of jumping and at least there is plenty of swimming.

I got to level 14 and have had a few pretty close battles. Getting some cool abilities and tend to have a hard time with where to put things. I go for pure RP builds over power or functional builds so that does tend to make the game more of a challenge.

Also enjoying the main story line a lot more than I thought I would. Some of the side quests are also better than I first though.

Its not a great game (I can think of lots of things to improve it) but still a fun diversion. Undecided about DLC at this point though. While the game is fun I am simply not as attached to my character like I am in other games.

Back
Top Bottom