Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Best RPG you didn't play

Wait! What are you saying?? I played it a lot at launch and I can recommend it! I only didn't finish it :)

Wait! What are you saying?? I played it a lot at launch and I can recommend it! I only didn't finish it :)
Finished it years ago also and its basically the same.

It's just easier to install now and has more visibility on Steam.

Finished it years ago also and its basically the same.

It's just easier to install now and has more visibility on Steam.

Back at the time I played Nehrim on top of my Oblivion GOTY DVD-Rom version. If I were to replay it now, I would do that using the GOG version because a) even if I wanted to use my original disks, my current PC has no physical disk unit, and b) GOG is now my place for all things Elder Scrolls-related (well, except for Skyrim which is on Steam).

Back at the time I played Nehrim on top of my Oblivion GOTY DVD-Rom version. If I were to replay it now, I would do that using the GOG version because a) even if I wanted to use my original disks, my current PC has no physical disk unit, and b) GOG is now my place for all things Elder Scrolls-related (well, except for Skyrim which is on Steam).
Does the mod work with the GOG version as I never tired it on that version yet? I know there are some mods who need steam or a CD/DVD version exe. just to be installed.

Last edited:
Does the mod work with the GOG version as I never tired it on that version yet? I know there are some modes who need steam or a CD/DVD version exe. just to be installed.

I can't say for sure. I hope it does. To tell you the truth I never googled for that.

I tried this mod a few years back and really disliked starting in a mine and sort of gave up on it. Installed it now and playing. I'm pleasantly surprised by how they've managed to use the Oblivion engine to give the game a genuinely new feel. Plays a lot like Gothic 2, even the music is Gothic-like. I'm really enjoying it.

Does the mod work with the GOG version as I never tired it on that version yet? I know there are some mods who need steam or a CD/DVD version exe. just to be installed.

Hey CouchPotato, I asked in the SureAI Forum if Nehrim does support Oblivion GOG version. Their full answer goes below:

"The current version of Nehrim always needs Oblivion via Steam. (not the GOG or DVD-retail-version)

Maybe there will be this other version, we have to see how time allows it and what is practicable.

PS:
Parallel installation of Oblivion via GOG and Steam will also cause problems.
This concerns on the one hand GOG settings and also the directory: C:\Users…\Documents\my games\Oblivion.
A manual solution would only be to edit the goglog.ini. (but this is not suported by us)
"

What a pity :(

I chose to repurchase Oblivion on GOG because I was thinking it would be more easier to mod it without having to fuss with Steam Workshop (which is a step in the right direction, but only a step in the long journey to make Steam games more easier to mod).

Sorry for necroing the thread:

I started Nehrim again few days ago, and I'm already out of startng mine. I found a merchant, from whom I bought a "Hunting Skill - Claw Removal" book. Thing is: I had some Learning Points spare and I did read the book. However, I'm stll unable to collect any claws from the animals I kill. The beasts (lions, wolves etc) keep only "dropping" meat but no claws.

What could be wrong? Do i have to have some form of "hunting tools" in my inventory?

Sorry for necroing the thread:

I started Nehrim again few days ago, and I'm already out of startng mine. I found a merchant, from whom I bought a "Hunting Skill - Claw Removal" book. Thing is: I had some Learning Points spare and I did read the book. However, I'm stll unable to collect any claws from the animals I kill. The beasts (lions, wolves etc) keep only "dropping" meat but no claws.

What could be wrong? Do i have to have some form of "hunting tools" in my inventory?

Hi henrique! Yes, u likely need a knife or claw removal tool. keep an eye out for one from a merchant. good luck, it's a great game! take care, bud. :) <3

Hi henrique! Yes, u likely need a knife or claw removal tool. keep an eye out for one from a merchant. good luck, it's a great game! take care, bud. :) <3

I found this entry on Nehrim Wiki:

"The developers might cause quite some confusion with talon and claw removal ability (...) The talon ability adds the claws (one item), which can be removed from creatures which are quite common, such as wolves, boars, bears, kobolds. The claw removal ability adds the claw, which can be found on reptilian creatures such as Bone Crushers, Thunder Lizards, Plainstriders and Weak Gorgers."

Bah, I just bought the "wrong" book (wrong for a character still on early levels, anyway), that's why I can't find a single talon on the wild animals I kill.

Back
Top Bottom