This Is the Police 2 - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
This Is the Police 2 has been released on Steam.

About This Game

Interpret the law as you see fit in This Is the Police 2, sequel to the acclaimed noir drama This Is the Police! Run the sheriff's department, manage your cops, investigate, interrogate, and incarcerate. Make tough decisions - and try to keep out of prison yourself! - in this story-driven mixture of adventure, strategy, and turn-based tactical combat.

Is it a simulation? A management game? A tactical challenge? A visual novel? A puzzle? It's all of these, and more!

Dive into one-of-a-kind -story driven experience.
Welcome to Sharpwood, a cold and harsh border town riven with violence, where no one is completely innocent. Smugglers, gangs, and screaming populists call this town their home. To maintain peace and order, the young sheriff Lilly Reed (Sarah Hamilton, The Longest Journey) will have to team up with fugitive criminal Jack Boyd (Jon St. John, Duke Nukem), and pray that her dangerous plan doesn't spiral out of control.

Take charge of the Sheriff's department.
Your subordinates aren't just some resource; they are living people with their own strengths, weaknesses, fears and prejudices - and you'll have to reckon with all of them in order to survive. Is one of your guys drinking too much alcohol? Or always coming up with excuses for not coming to work? Or does he refuse to follow orders? You'll have to show a steady hand if you want to impose discipline on this department.

Engage in tactical combat.
During your most dangerous operations, the game will switch to turn-based combat. Gather a team of your finest cops (or use your drunk and stupid bums - you don't always have the luxury of being choosy!). Carefully study the terrain, adapt your plans, stealthily approach your suspects and use non-lethal weapons and equipment - if the situation allows. True, sometimes gunfights are almost impossible to avoid, but be careful: This Is the Police 2 doesn't have hit points. A single bullet can cost a cop their life.

Become a true detective.
Collect evidence, study case materials, interrogate suspects (or use more... forceful methods) and send the criminals to court. And if the suspect was innocent? Perhaps it's time to find out if any Sharpwood judges can be bought.
More information.

Not interested in the setting, but hey, if it gets good reviews I might take a look. It's turn-based, so that is a plus.

Also lots of complaints on cut scene and some on changes to mechanics. Maybe I'll check back in a week after the dust settles though I never played the first one either.

Mostly due to balance issues though from what I gathered..

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Already posted in another thread I'm not really interested in this "Become a true detective" - I don't want to be Woody Harrelson from Cheers, not now, not ever.

Anyway, why is it a few days early?
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-the-police-2-goes-live-three-days-early-for-a-weird-reason/
Remember in 2016 when This Is the Police was delayed by a couple of days, not due to any technical problems but because publisher EuroVideo forgot to click on "ready for final approval from Steam?" Putting This Is the Police 2 out early, apparently, is a way to balance the cosmic scales.
"For the sequel, they decided to flip the scenario and secretly launch it a few days before the planned release date as a call back to that," the rep told me. He also admitted that he wasn't sure whether or not they were actually going to go through with it until yesterday.

Whatever. The same site also made a review:
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-is-the-police-2-review/
The core is solid, but there's simply too much bloat.
Sadly, this same site fails to comment enormous amount of filler in mainstream titles thus criticizing bloated content in an indie from PCgamer should be taken with grain_of_salt(c)coachpotato. Have to suggest waiting for more reviews if you're interested in this game.

looks better than #1, and i played 1 more than PoE or wasteland.
So im pretty pleased with the progress

Shoot unarmed black men for exp points and deny people their rights to lvl up. I worked in law enforcement for 20 years and have no desire to play this kind of game. I like to escape reality.

Shoot unarmed black men for exp points and deny people their rights to lvl up. I worked in law enforcement for 20 years and have no desire to play this kind of game. I like to escape reality.

I've worked in law enforcement for 17 years and my reality doesn't include shooting unarmed anyone or denying them their rights... But the media would suggest I'm the exception. *shrugs*

Amazing how many people are hung up on the game releasing 3 days early, like they think it's some kind of trap...

I've worked in law enforcement for 17 years and my reality doesn't include shooting unarmed anyone or denying them their rights… But the media would suggest I'm the exception. *shrugs*

Well you must live in a nice town. We had some officers go to federal prison for killing an inmate in our jail. The Sheriff and captain got off but the 2 low level deputies get the blame and go to prison.

The Sheriff and captain can afford fancy attorneys but the deputies can't. Look who goes to prison. You no what never mind don't let me get started on the criminal justice system.

Sorry for the off topic.

Better you than me, Hastar. I've known a few prisoner guards. I've done some crappy jobs and not minded at all, but that's one I couldn't do.

On topic, I'm going to wait on this game. I think it's a solid concept. I hope they stick with it.

Edit: Think I misread your post, Hastar. I thought you were suggesting you were a prison guard, and it sounds more like cop to me now. Known a lot of cops, too. I also know how many of them get worn down by the job and wish they had become firefighters. :p

A cop would be way better than a prison guard, IMHO, though I think I'd get sick of patrol before too long. I've always thought being a detective looked interesting.

Last edited:
I am currently in law enforcement, although I can't seem to find the xp metre or lvl up button. Also, is there a difficulty option I can adjust somewhere?

As other users have pointed out, people have been raising issues with the balance. I will wait for a patch and see how the user reviews respond to the changes. It looks like an interesting game to me.

Back
Top Bottom