Mass Effect - 5 US Dollars on Direct 2 Drive

aries100

SasqWatch
Direct2Drive is having a one day sale of Mass Effect for 5 US dollars This means you can finish the first Mass Effect game before the release of ME2 in late January 2010. For some reason this is only available to those of you who lives in the US and in Canada. Anyone know why this is?
More information.

Last edited:
Well, I guess the regional distributors (e.g. CD Projekt in Poland) could get angry if people were allowed to buy from D2D with such a discount. Whether it's a valid reason or not is another issue :)

There are all these regional things ... thank international commerce laws!

Yeah, same with CDs ... Just take a loot at how many regional versions of the albums of The Corrs exist ...

I didn't buy this game at $10 but $5 might finally be worth it.

$2 would have been better for a game with no demo.

Release demos devs!

I dunno - the game is well aged at this point, a demo would have been nice when it was released but $5 for a fairly new game is still a bargain, especially when it is pretty well vetted.

I dunno - the game is well aged at this point, a demo would have been nice when it was released but $5 for a fairly new game is still a bargain, especially when it is pretty well vetted.

Very true, so its not too bad.

Since I'm busy playing other $5 games and just got a psp, it'll be a little while before I download it and see how it is. Too much backlog now =)

Very true, so its not too bad.

Since I'm busy playing other $5 games and just got a psp, it'll be a little while before I download it and see how it is. Too much backlog now =)

Thing is ... it is one day only and while it might settle into a $10 standard price, $5 is only going to happen occasionally.

Thing is … it is one day only and while it might settle into a $10 standard price, $5 is only going to happen occasionally.

Yup. That's why I bought it. Its nice as you don't have to download it immediately. D2D is great that way.

Anyone who missed it will have to wait. Probably, the end-of-the-year holiday sales, which there should be, my have it for $5 again.

Yup. That's why I bought it. Its nice as you don't have to download it immediately. D2D is great that way.

Anyone who missed it will have to wait. Probably, the end-of-the-year holiday sales, which there should be, my have it for $5 again.

After I posted I wondered if that was what you meant ... I have Mass Effect on D2D from the original release and should re-download at some point.

Back
Top Bottom