Black Isle - Van Buren Tech Demo Released @ NMA

I tried it also. It was a little bit buggy, rotating camera didn't work when I tried and at least I had an crash to desktop. I didn't make a second attempt. But it was quite interesting. Imho a true successor to FO2.

I think you're reacting to just a couple of tongue-in-cheek comments, Brother None. ;)

I also think you've missed the negative comments on all those other sites -- they're there in several cases.

oh I'm just having some fun

Same here :) . It's just funny how obsessed (some of) the hardcore FO fans are over all of this stuff. I mean the fact alone that Brother None here (is that Kharn after a name change?) actually actively went out and searched and counted(!) the number of sites (33 sites according to him) that covered the release of the Van Buren tech demo is kind of funny. So much obsession over a video game (and a dead one at that) is just simply amazing and also amusing :) .

56 at my current count.

I don't know why I'd actively go out and count them, tho', I just checked them via NMA's tracker. Yeeesh.

Dhruin; I know, but there are places I expect them from, and places I don't. The Watch is just moving from one column to the other, is all.

Hey we like to keep people guessing; complacency can be boring, so if you knew what to expect everytime, you'd have no need to visit!! :biggrin:

Interesting project, looks like it would've been a good game (hard to say from a tech demo). Not really surprising though, Black Isle making a good RPG isn't exactly shocking, hehe. Those lads made the finest RPGs we've ever seen; they could probably turn Donald Duck into a solid roleplaying experience filled with tactical elements and deep dialogue.

Still, it's always nice to confirm that your gut feeling was right: Black Isles' Fallout 3 seems like it would've been exactly what the fans wanted. Even the tech demo has that needed "feeling" (hard to explain, people that played the original fallouts know what I'm talking about).

Back
Top Bottom