Drakensang:RoT Camera

Turjan

Keeper of the Watch
I don't remember how I survived the original game, but is there any way to fix the camera in a somewhat reasonable angle? It drives me crazy and makes me motion sick. It tends to either home in completely level, so I don't see anything besides my character's backside, or it gets loose and floats somewhere 100 yards away. It nearly made me vomit before the game finally crashed with a cursor duplication bug.

Any ideas?

In the first game this happened when the height level changed.

Camera control is mapped to the mouse. Either the wheel or right-click & moving the mouse.

Turjan - I think that this might be a case where you will just have to get used to fine-tuning the camera quite often in order to get a view that you want - which may lead to more active-pausing than you might plan on in order to move the camera to a desirable viewpoint during battles. I don't know how far along you are in the game, but my advice is to stick it out - it's a really solid RPG, and I've found that over time you just get used to the camera and the need to regularly fine-tune it.

I think it's due to the house walls and roofed gateways that the camera swings around wildly.

I guess I'm grumpy because I had completely mapped and collected stuff from the chests in the first city already, and none of my savegames there survived the crash. Not to talk about a few quests. I have to start at the campfire again, oh joy. I guess I should not use quicksave.

Okay, I will give it another try. I don't think that I will play the game several times, and as I already started the thread, I might as well ask whether my choice of Battlemage is okay, and how I best develop that char, taking future available NPCs into account.

I think it's due to the house walls and roofed gateways that the camera swings around wildly.

Yes, unfortunately indoor environments are particularly tricky when it comes to controlling the camera, leading to constant micromanaging of the camera's viewpoint. I only have one piece of advice for those situations, and that is to try to keep the camera at a high angle to avoid the "swinging" occurrences, but even that doesn't always work.

Well, with your help, I remembered the right moving combination again (W key and constantly pressed right mouse button), and now it works alright.

The game crashed again, this time during saving. I had to do a hard reset. I hope this does not happen too often.

Well, with your help, I remembered the right moving combination again (W key and constantly pressed right mouse button), and now it works alright.

The game crashed again, this time during saving. I had to do a hard reset. I hope this does not happen too often.

I was wondering what your problem was, and when you mentioned I know why, I always play with W and the right mouse button all games :)

I just wish they stopped the stupid 'break barrel' thing. I hate it with a passion!

If it crashes you should use several save slots and the quicksave too.

The crashes are very unusual. Both Drakensangs are considered very stable compared to other RPGs with a similar budget.

I'm a bit surprised about the crashes, too. The first Drakensang ran fine on this machine, and other games don't make any trouble. Perhaps it's something specific to the Gamersgate version of the game.

I just wanted to add that the game seems to run stable outside of Nadoret. No Nebula errors anymore.

Back
Top Bottom