Cyberpunk 2077 - Development on Schedule

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt Red's Marcin Iwinski talks to Gamespot about the Witcher 3 delay, and says development on Cyberpunk 2077 is not affected. So put your worries to rest everyone.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is developed by a separate team within CD Projekt Red, so the development of Cyberpunk 2077 is not really affected," Iwinski told GameSpot today. Cyberpunk 2077 is "probably" coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

But that's not the full story. Because The Witcher 3 is such a large project, some Cyberpunk 2077 developers have moved over to The Witcher team to help get the product out the door.

"In order to ship a huge RPG we do use help of certain team members between teams. It works this way between Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3," he said.

These developers bounce between teams to finalize "key" elements and features, he said. This is a standard development practice and The Witcher 3's delay is not going to impact in any significant way development on Cyberpunk 2077. "So no harm done here," he explained.

"We are working hard to deliver an outstanding RPG and rest assured, that all the learnings on The Witcher 3 are being applied to the Cyberpunk 2077 development," Iwinski said.
More information.

Heh, just in time!
I was wondering whether this game lost in development hell, or what....
Honestly, I am more psyched up to this one than the overhyped Witcher 3.

Well, having played Far Cry Blood Dragon to death, definitely helps me to get back to that kitsch 80s cyber feeling... :)

Same here. Although (or because) there's little information about C77, I'm extremely looking forward it. :)

I do believe that is what they were saying… (Open world within a city ? not 100% sure)

I am a bit skeptical about this. They were claiming they have 240 something people working on the Witcher on another post I believe (?). How big have these guys grown to have a "Full" (read: not skeleton i.e. design team, working on Cyberpunk until the Witcher is done) fledged second team working on this ? That would be Bethesda like Big …

At 240 they are already bigger than Bethesda who over around 100.

Cyberpunk can be on track because it has no release date. hehe.

@Lemonhead They use The Witcher 3 RedEngine for Cyberpunk, so it is supposed to be an open city world. How big it is, no idea, since the trailer we had nothing for that game.

I am also in the waiting more for Cyberpunk than Witcher 3, but it's more because there isn't enough cyberpunk stuff on the market and because I know what to expect from Witcher 3 (in term of world, narrative and characters showing up from the previous games).

They were claiming they have 240 something people working on the Witcher… That would be Bethesda like Big …
At 240 they are already bigger than Bethesda who over around 100.
Stop right there and think.
Bethesda doesn't have teams for optimization, bugweeding and general polishing. And for writing I get a feeling Bethesda has only two persons. One who probably made Dark Brotherhood and Dragonborn parts, the other who wrote the rest and vampires DLC.
I'm not saying you need 100 more employees for all of that, but Bethesda needs desperately to recruit some more. Tough luck though, the cash went into MMO development.

Since I didn't expect Cyberpunk in this year, I don't realy care for it's schedule. :)

And for writing I get a feeling Bethesda has only two persons.
I think they have 20 writers with a 10% (of fulltime) job.
This would explain why achievements in plot A don't have any influence on plot B. You want to join the Companions? Do some errands and kill those rats in the cellar! - But I'm the arch-mage of Winterhold?! - KILL THOSE RATS! - ok…

I think they have 20 writers with a 10% (of fulltime) job.
This would explain why achievements in plot A don't have any influence on plot B. You want to join the Companions? Do some errands and kill those rats in the cellar! - But I'm the arch-mage of Winterhold?! - KILL THOSE RATS! - ok…

Someone has to take care of the rats, all the guards took an arrow to the knee.

But the level scaling didn't made them vampire rats or dragon rats? I don't see where is the problem, the rats mutation not explained? Common that's not a big deal.

Scaling was a big deal in Oblivion, but not in their two latest games: Skyrim and Fallout 3.

Back
Top Bottom