Ubisoft - Removes "Play-to-Win" Micro-transactions

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to PCGamesN Ubisoft has removed the "play-to-win" microtransactions from The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot.
Ubisoft's currently in-beta Free to Play dungeon crawler/builder The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot has had a change of heart in the way that it's going to handle its monetisation. Instead of allowing players to trick out their dungeon with paid items and monsters, they're going to shift their attention towards making cosmetic enhancements the order of the day, to avoid players just paying their way to the end-game.

In the news post on the game's website, the team states "many of you have said that [the monetisation system] has affected the game to the point of causing major harm". When so much of a free to play game’s design is dictated by the way it handles monetisation, it’s surprising and welcome to see Ubisoft make such an about turn on how they’re handling this.

The game came under fire most noticeably after Total Biscuit featured The Might Quest for Epic Loot on his Youtube channel, condemning the payment model. It caused a 13 page discussion about the game’s payment model on the official forums. Ubisoft’s announcement was made just over a week since TB published the video.
Here is TotalBiscuit's video that started the change.

TotalBiscuit returns to The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, focusing on the newest updates implemented in the game and their consequences.
More information.

Last edited:
Aren't they removing pay to win?
Yes but I like my quote better.:) I'm thinking of trademarking it as the new label of F2P games.

good ol' TB burned them to the core on that one, and he's right. Im glad they wised up, this could be a great game

Back
Top Bottom