Pricewatch!

Yea I saw that; obviously it is because the new one is about to be released. Still it is suppose to be a very good game so I think i'll pick it up.

Still debating on warhammer total war for $12 (humble monthly)

Styx: Master of Shadows is 80% off on Steam for the next 39 hours.

GOG is running a RPG sale now. Not so many titles as you'd expect from a sale like that, but you could check it anyway,

And again something a bit different.
The Art of Mass Effect: Andromeda hardcover preorder got heavily discounted on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1506700756 - $20 (49% off)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Bioware/dp/1506700756 - £23 (33% off)
https://www.amazon.de/Art-Mass-Effect-Andromeda-Bioware/dp/1506700756 - 27€ (english!)

Since discount was not listed on deutsch amazon, here are two other sources to compare:
https://www.archonia.com/comicshop/en/article/269011/art+of+mass+effect+andromeda+hc/ - 32€
https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Art-of-Mass-Effect-Andromed-Bioware/9781506700755 - 36€

Dunno about you, but I suck when it comes to these artbooks, I have the ME universe artbook already and even if ME4 sucks, I bet this book will be a blast.
Thus, I'm buying. If it ain't good, I can still use this as a toilet paper unlike horse armor sold the same price. ;)

This physical book will be released at the same date as the game, March 21.

You're not alone, wiretripped. We both caved :)

And judging from previous months, I think we'll get other great games alongside TW:Warhammer

And judging from previous months, I think we'll get other great games alongside TW:Warhammer

I almost caved, but since I still have to finish my current XCOM2 campaign and will play Long War 2 after, I decided to hold off.

I still have so many other games to play anyway too.

I almost caved, but since I still have to finish my current XCOM2 campaign and will play Long War 2 after, I decided to hold off.

I still have so many other games to play anyway too.

You shouldn't let it pass a discount like that. I learned it with my wife when we go to the mall :p

Last edited:

Well, I caved after I noticed I got a small discount for being a first-time subscriber, so it reduced the price to just over 10$. Believe it or not, that tided me over. :)

I'm probably cancelling the sub though after one month, unless next month's game is a similarly tantalizing one. I'm a little sad not grabbing XCOM2 last month, actually. That game ranks even higher on my wishlist than TW: Warhammer...

Well, I caved after I noticed I got a small discount for being a first-time subscriber, so it reduced the price to just over 10$. Believe it or not, that tided me over. :)

I'm probably cancelling the sub though after one month, unless next month's game is a similarly tantalizing one. I'm a little sad not grabbing XCOM2 last month, actually. That game ranks even higher on my wishlist than TW: Warhammer…

I urge you (and everyone else) to join the Resistance force (a.k.a. grabbing your XCOM2 copy) :) and, similarly, I welcome you (and everyone else) to both Xcom2 opinions and XCOM 2'S RPGWatch Team threads to share opinions/ideas about the game :p :p :p

I'm not even sure I'll ever replay Xcom two, honestly I found the game entirely too easy. It was entertaining and all, but I found Xenonauts to be much more my style.

I'm not even sure I'll ever replay Xcom two, honestly I found the game entirely too easy. It was entertaining and all, but I found Xenonauts to be much more my style.

Easy on Legend with A Better Advent 2 and without the special alien weapons ?

I must admit that the game, until let's say its 2/3 completion (IMHO) is kinda an uphill: you're always struggling to bring your squad safely and healthily home, resources are scarce and all. And the final portion of the game is, because you're endured the hell out of it, a bit more easy.

But I make Pladio's words mine: there are mods which can increase the game's difficulty. A Better Advent 2 (a.k.a. ABA 2) is a good example, it changes alien's tactics. They now prioritize flank shots as well as shooting that soldier of your squad who coincidentally happens to have only 1 hp remaining, among other changes.
Another example is Recovery Turn System, which introduces a kind of 'initiative' system to the game (I don't know if you know this term from AD&D/D&D): instead of 'Squad go then aliens go' (the famous 'ugoigo' from ChienAboyeur), the game becomes something like 'the quickest ones goes to act first', be they humans or ADVENT.

Edit: sorry everyone, I'll refrain from posting game ideas/opinions in Pricewatch thread, this is not the right place to post them.

Again me with non game suggestions. :D

Saga, book two, integrates volumes 4-6, is set to be released this may and is available for preorder. The discount is 35%, means you can get it for 30 pounds:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Saga-Book-Two-Brian-Vaughan/dp/1632159031

Saga is IMO one of the best sci-fi comics ever, it's praised everywhere and won numerous awards. It's full of fresh ideas and characters that look familiar, but are set in totally different roles and problems from those we're used to see in other works. Unlike Vaughn's overrated series Y, this ongoing sci fi that's in fact a mix of all genres is ingenious.
I'm preordering right now.

Since this is not the first time I post about nice prices on comics and so far I received no feedback or questions about details or something, I have a feeling people do not believe I do buy PHYSICAL comics like crazy if I find them worth my $. So this time I took a screenshot, yes I didn't suck my opinion on Saga outta my pinkie:

pic.jpg

Yes book one is that fat because it contains volumes 1-3 and yes it's boobmilking scene on the cover!
I didn't want translated version as I understand the original language here so I bought Image comics' edition. For those who want to know more about this sci-fi "opera":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saga_(comic_book)

Last edited:
GOG has a started a Spring Sale. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me, though.

D:OS is at 60% off. That's the first time I've seen it go for less than 50% off.

Back
Top Bottom