Skyrim Seeking a mod

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Majnun

Sentinel
I found a mod at skyrim nexus a few days ago that stopped experience gains from certain skills (blacksmithing and enchanting specifically). But it seemed to be an overly complicated way of doing it so I didn't download the thing. Of course now I want it and cannot find it anywhere.

Does anybody know of such a mod or how to make this happen? I just want to completely remove all experience/level gains from smithing and enchanting (and possibly alchemy).

Because I'd like to raise smithing and enchanting to be able to make my own gear early on but it makes you level up way too fast. Some enemies do scale to your level and this would mean I'd have to spend money to train up my fighting skills to something useful to keep up.

I'd just rather not gain any levels from those 2 skills.

Might be nice to play with in a 2nd game. Thanks for the link!

Bah, it doesn't work the way I thought it did.

Instead of allowing a skill to level up normally but lowering/getting rid of the effect it has on your character level it only lets you reduce how quickly the skills themselves advance. Useful for manipulating how fast you level overall I guess. Not what I was looking for though.

There is a common console command you can use to adjust your smithing and enchanting skill levels without increasing XP/character level.

I think you need to use "player.setav" - IIRC, "modpca" and "advskill" both result in increases to XP/character level.

Back
Top Bottom