I Am Setsuna - E3 Trailer

*Watches 10 seconds*

"In a land of SORROW and BITTER COLD..."

That's not like Chrono Trigger! :(

It also looks like it's going to be really sad. :(

And, it's made by an "RPG Factory" ? I just picture hundreds of workers in an assembly line. :D

But uh, it does look pretty neat. Not as crazy about it now that I learned it's in an entirely winter setting, but eh. We'll see how it turns out. :)

I personally love the idea of a winter setting. :) But that's just me.

But it really bothers me that so many of the prettiest games are also the saddest. :( I can't handle it.

I personally love the idea of a winter setting. :) But that's just me.

But it really bothers me that so many of the prettiest games are also the saddest. :( I can't handle it.

I like visiting winter settings in RPGs, but when all the exploration and area seems to be entirely winter, eh. Hopefully it's still an interesting place to explore. :)

Speaking of sad games, Lost Odyssey literally made me cry, several times in fact. Some of the short stories in that game were really touching. :)

This game looks better than I anticipated! Great, really great. And why mind the sadness, we all know that she'll survive in the end, the devs wouldn't really have her die. Such predictable ending spoils the sadness for me, I can't feel it knowing that it's misplaced.

I like visiting winter settings in RPGs, but when all the exploration and area seems to be entirely winter, eh. Hopefully it's still an interesting place to explore. :)
What would you think of my country... Snow, snow, for three months, usually more. Boring ;)

Where you from, Elel?

One of my calming thoughts at night to help me sleep is picture myself in a mountain cabin. A beautiful one with a glass ceilings room and there is a beautiful snow coming down and the ground and pine trees are covered. For some reason that image has been so relaxing for me and helps me sleep. :)

I like snow, and rain and storms, but in a game, I dunno - I'd rather it not be entirely a wintry area. Hopefully there will be different terrain in the game and interesting locations. Still excited about it. It looks quite good. :)

I'm living in Russia.

But I'm no fan of winter myself, I dislike the cold, and although winters got a lot warmer during these last years (thanks, global warming), I still dislike winter for having to wear too much clothes. I always have to chuckle at winter clothes in games, b\c I know that the kind of winter they're trying to depict is much colder and those clothes don't correspond to it. So I like winter in games more. Very beautiful, but without uncomfortable clothes ;)

Global warming spoilt the yearly cycle of weather here completely, though. Now it's way too hot in summers, it never used to be so excruciatingly hot. It used to be just right.

I like winter in RPGs, too. I just hope the game delivers some unique landscapes as well. A big reason I think Chrono Trigger is so great, you explore so many varied areas. Of course, that ties into the time travel system nicely, so, yeah. :)

Speaking of global warming, I hear you. The weather is getting more and more crazy all over the place. We have now had 2 incredibly weak winters here in the state of Pennsylvania, USA. 2016 is already shaping up to be the hottest year on record. We're not just expecting climate change, it's literally happening right now as we speak.

Speaking of global warming, I hear you. The weather is getting more and more crazy all over the place. We have now had 2 incredibly weak winters here in the state of Pennsylvania, USA. 2016 is already shaping up to be the hottest year on record. We're not just expecting climate change, it's literally happening right now as we speak.
I know as were I live in Illinois we already have high 80-90 degrees already, and summer hasn't even begun yet. The forecast even predicts a hotter summer & bigger drought.

tempoutlook_Jun-Aug_2016_620px.png

I know as were I live in Illinois we already have high 80-90 degrees already, and summer hasn't even begun yet. The forecast even predicts a hotter summer again.

tempoutlook_Jun-Aug_2016_620px.png

Wow. That graph is pretty telling. Not only is 2016 going to be the hottest year ever, it's going to shatter the hottest year ever (which was last year - 2015) by a large margin. Kind of scary, but I still feel hopeful that Bernie gets elected and makes a YUGE, fast shift to clean energy before it's too late. :)

We had no snow this year where I live in Missouri. NO SNOW ALL WINTER.

Here in PA, which, when I was growing up here, almost always had rough winters, we have had very little snow the past 2 years. I mean, last year it didn't snow until damn near the end of winter. Some days in winter also felt like spring days where you could just lounge outside, lol. Crazy...

Not to mention the huge increase in storms and disasters worldwide. Not to be a downer. I still have hope for the future. Millennials especially in our country are changing things in a big way. :)

What is this thing called "snow" that you speak of? ;)

As for Setsuna, I think it might be the first JRPG I try in a long time, even if it does look very derivative.

I always woundered why winter and sorrow go togheter, it is often like that in fiction... winter is coming.. as we all know... this in a land of snow and sorrow...

I never see the kids being so happy as when the first snow comes! Besides there is so much fun to do in the snow and cold, skiing, snowball wars, sliding, snow-boarding, skating, scootering, ice-fishing, building snow man and a lot more... I really LOVE winter with a lot of snow!

The game looks good and interesting, although I do also hope it won't be all snowy landscapes.

About the climate: We won't change and even if we can change everything in a year, I think it is already too late. It sounds pessimistic, but I think we will just have to learn to live with new climates in a few years and adept to i.

Why always sorrow and snow? isn't that easy and obvious? Most rpg are medieval kind, and in the winter, nothings grows, long winters means no food, wich means famine and other stuff. spring is the time of growth birth, and life and summer is the time of harvest and living to the fullest

I live in Norway, so snow is about as interesting to me as deserts are to nomads.

Back
Top Bottom