|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Default Couchpotato's Random RPG News

August 26th, 2018, 16:15
Kingmaker might the first RPG in a while I play on launch day. Thanks for all the impressions @purpleblob as without them I would of passed on playing it.

Remember I had a bad opinion of Russian RPG devoplers at one point.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

August 26th, 2018, 23:21
My pleasure, @Couchpotato !!

Just be aware though, the game is still far from perfect. I've posted my latest impression here: https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/show…8&postcount=14

I really hope Owlcat will address some of newly added critical issues - for me, the worst issue was that the generalist mage still had to pick opposition schools due to the bug!!!
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

August 27th, 2018, 01:35
Well they have a bunch of addiitonal content to be added (dlc/explansions - pick your favorite name); so I think i'll wait till the game is finished.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

August 27th, 2018, 09:44
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Available for Consoles on Tuesday

loading…

Two Worlds II: Echoes of the Dark Past 2 DLC Released

Link -https://store.steampowered.com/app/5…e_Dark_Past_2/
Link - https://www.topwareshop.com/index.ph…duct&id_lang=3
Link - https://www.gog.com/game/two_worlds_…he_dark_past_2
Your Two Worlds II multiplayer adventure continues in "Echoes of the Dark Past 2": Three brand new domains await you, each with two unique paths, for a total of six never-before-seen maps to explore!
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 27th, 2018, 14:11
Here is more of Torchlight Frontiers early gameplay, so we can get feeling how this game would play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWGq9Vu83g

Zogar Sag

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 27th, 2018, 19:07
Interview: Odd Gods’ Gil Maclean

Link - https://www.indiegraze.com/2018/08/2…s-gil-maclean/
Odd Gods drops players into an isometric tactical roleplaying game set in the ’90s, and its devotion to subcultures and music explores new territory for an indie cRPG. Also, there’s spacetime travel. And pop culture demons. In development by Inn Between Worlds, a new studio formed by industry vets in Melbourne, Australia, I chatted with lead designer Gil MacLean on the project and its quirks.
Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire Developer Interview

loading…
Game director, Matt Firor, answers our questions about the new zone Murkmire zone, home to the Argonians.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Review

loading…
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth reviewed by Joseph Bradford on PC.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 12 Minutes of Arena Mode Gameplay

loading…
Check out a full 4-vs-4 match of the upcoming Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition's all-new Arena mode on the PlayStation 4 Pro in glorious 4K resolution.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 28th, 2018, 10:45
Bloodlust 2: Nemesis - Action-RPG Enters Early Access On Steam

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/7…ust_2_Nemesis/

loading…
Bloodlust 2: Nemesis is a "Hack 'n Slash - Dungeon Crawling - Action RPG" experience that will allow players to explore the dark underworld of a forgotten society of Vampires and their disciplines, all while trying to solve the secrets to their bloodline's scientifically enhanced monstrous power.
SRPG Studio Lets You Create Fire Emblem-Style RPGs With No Skills Required

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/857320/SRPG_Studio/

loading…
"I want to create an original game on my own!" The software has just been released to make your dream come true. By using SRPG Studio, you can easily create a 2D SRPG (Simulation RPG).
Postworld Single-Player Action RPG On PC August 31st

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/812980/POSTWORLD/

loading…
POSTWORLD is Hardcore Action RPG where you can replace character body parts with powerful combat prostheses on the fly. Also game features non-linear story where you can join Slavers, Cultists or Railwaymen and take over the Wasteland.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 28th, 2018, 18:29
BattleTech Update #55 - Patch v1.2

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/2273598
Welcome to BATTLETECH 1.2! This release contains a number of quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes, as well as some cool new features. We have also released an overhaul of MechWarrior special abilities to Beta (see details below), and have updates on Linux and Localized version of the game.
The Elder Scrolls - Major Events in the Timeline

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/major-events…olls-timeline/
The timeline of the Elder Scrolls universe is divided into four ages—except there are also two ages before those, and one of them is entirely non-linear and yet somehow manages to contain a sequence of events in which supernatural beings come to existence from nothing. And then, at later points in the timeline, this timeless primordial chaos leaks through into the physical world and recurs, like reality itself is having an acid flashback.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Interview/Lets Play

loading…

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Update #57 - Gamescom Impressions

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/2273035
Did you know we had a booth at this year's Gamescom? While our studio head Oleg and our creative director Alexander were busy showing our game to the press, I was at our booth every day to meet the community, talk to the fans and help curious testers through the prologue of Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Kingdom Come Deliverance Sounds of the Ages Documentary

loading…
We explore the story behind the music of Kingdom Come: Deliverance with composers Jan Valta and Adam Sporka in this Gameumentary doc short!
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 29th, 2018, 07:53
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Reviews

Gamingbolt
All said and done, Dragon Quest XI is a stellar game that displays a great command of the ins and outs of its genre the way few other games do. What it lacks in originality, it more than makes up for with its confident execution of ideas, showing that a game doesn’t need to be revolutionary or the freshest thing on the block to be an incredible experience. With a memorable cast of characters, a well-told, briskly paced story, stunning and vibrant visuals, and a beautiful and extremely varied world as its setting, Dragon Quest XI serves as yet another excellent instalment in this amazingly consistent franchise.
Trusted Reviews
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is another fantastic entry in a series that’s become recognised for its high quality in the JRPG genre.
It doesn’t advance the formula in many meaningful ways, but refines things we’ve come to love while enhancing them with fun and unexpected additions.
Kotaku
In conclusion, everything I have said about Dragon Quest XI being one of the best games of all time is definitely correct, because I played the game in Japanese for 300 hours. I wouldn’t have done that if it weren’t a masterpiece.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 29th, 2018, 07:58
Pillars of Eternity Interview with Brandon Adler on Expansive.
We spoke to Brandon Adler, Game Director on Pillars 2, at Gamescom to find out more about upcoming DLC, Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, and The Forgotten Sanctum. We also got some exclusive information on the future of the franchise and more details on quality of life updates coming to the game over the next year.
GC18 – Final Fantasy XIV Interview
Chloe and I had a huge opportunity at Gamescom this year. We got the chance to interview some of the geniuses behind Final Fantasy XIV. Koji Fox, Masayoshi Soken and Naoki Yoshida was present and welcomed us with a big smile when we entered the room.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 29th, 2018, 08:34
Things are not going well at Arkane Studios.

Culture clash: How Arkane Got Stuck Between Two Competing Ideologies
Arkane Studios is going though an identity crisis. Best known for Dishonored and Prey, the development teams are now struggling to churn out another game in the midst of a clash between two competing cultures. The omnipresent corporate culture of Zenimax, and a fringe left intersectional ideology that is taking hold under the guise of ‘social justice’.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 29th, 2018, 13:40
But none of these reviews talk about the PC port; specifically the interface.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Reviews

Gamingbolt
Trusted ReviewsKotaku

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 29th, 2018, 13:42
I suspect they want to do immersive sims and their handler wants them to do games as a service. Problem with not staying independent.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Things are not going well at Arkane Studios.

Culture clash: How Arkane Got Stuck Between Two Competing Ideologies

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 29th, 2018, 17:18
Pyrodactyl Games, the makers of Unrest, are working on a game called The Red Stone. No clues yet as to genre aside from the logo. Most likely it will at least have some RPG elements as all their games seemed to. I'm still a bit bummed "Late to the Party" KS was unsuccessful as that seemed to be a potentially interesting setting. Anyway awhile back Arvind took a break from development and seemed burned out / discouraged so it's great he's making games again. Even though I found Unrest a bit disappointing, it had much potential.
--
Currently Playing: Heroine's Quest, Quest For Infamy, Planescape: Torment

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

August 29th, 2018, 18:02
M&B Bannerlord early access confirmed.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index….,378893.0.html

Really looking forward to this one.

fragonard

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 29th, 2018, 18:25
Knights of the Chalice II August 2018 Update.
I call this update the 'Light at the End of the Dungeon' because it's the first time that the game is virtually feature complete! And that is a great relief to me. First, let's review the main things that were added since the last update. Secondly, we will have a look at some Necromancer Class design ideas. The Necromancer and Summoner are two possible Kickstarter Stretch Goals for the KotC 2 Kickstarter expected in November 2018. Thirdly, we will have an in-depth look at the beginning of the prologue adventure, called Augury of Chaos. I expect that it will be too big to be a free demo, particularly if it comes with the Module Editor. It will be a good stand-alone prologue adventure. Warning: if you want to avoid spoilers, then you should not read the content of the dialogue screens posted below. Finally, we will talk a little bit about what's next.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Definitive Edition Available on Steam.

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 29th, 2018, 18:38
Originally Posted by fragonard View Post

Thanks for sharing the link.

Hopefully it's released in two years from now given it's development speed.
Originally Posted by you View Post
I suspect they want to do immersive sims and their handler wants them to do games as a service. Problem with not staying independent.
Yeah and given that a lot of Bethesda games are going co-op with some type of online mode I agree with the article. Just look at this quote for the reason why though.
The studio should be a year into development for Prey 2, but after weak sales of the first game — a game which was already under immense pressure to succeed after the financial disappointment that was Dishonored 2 — the pitch for a sequel was turned down.

Following the ‘disappointing’ releases of Dishonored 2 and Prey, Zenimax decided that they didn’t do well because no one buys single player games, a sentiment that one source stated was “dead ass wrong.” This mindset has led to a hard pivot by Zenimax to focus more on multiplayer and live service experiences, with only a few single player games in the pipeline.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 29th, 2018, 19:25
First HD Texture Pack for Shenmue 2 Remaster is now available.
A few days ago, we informed you about the first HD Texture Pack for the first Shenmue game. And today, we are happy to report that Drogean – the same modder responsible for that HD Texture Pack – has released the first HD Texture Pack for Shenmue 2 Remaster.
Fallout 76 Set to Blow in October on Bethesda Website
Another week, another nail in the coffin of the Fallout franchise. Earlier this week, Bethesda shook Fallout fans with some very big news. What’s the big news? Twofold. In order, Fallout 76 will have its beta (to hell with the initialism) one month before launch, and the game will not be available on Steam. Not just at launch, at all. As in, no Fallout 76 on PC unless you download Bethesda’s own DRM. So there. Both of these are very worrying for two distinct reasons.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

August 30th, 2018, 00:24
Lost interest myself when it appears that no campaign would be included.

Originally Posted by fragonard View Post

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 30th, 2018, 04:58
Originally Posted by you View Post
Lost interest myself when it appears that no campaign would be included.
There never was a campaign in the previous games either. Okay correction some of the spin-offs from other developers have a campaign, but not the main games.

At its core it can labeled as a sandbox where you make your own story. Though according to a devolper post the game will have a mini campaign in the beginning.
There is something which leads the player into the main part of the game (the sandbox), but it isn't something which carries you through to an ending screen. A lot of the design for the game is based around letting players approach the game how they want to and create their own adventure.
--

Couchpotato

Dr. Evil Trump

Tags
interviews, mods, previews, reviews, videos
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Couchpotato's Random RPG News