|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Encased - Kickstarter Live

Default Encased - Kickstarter Live

September 15th, 2018, 00:15
Hmm, unless they happen to need $20 to reach the goal on in the final hours I don't think I will back it, but I do like the concepts they have shown. Always hoping someone will make a worthy spiritual successor to Fallout 1 & 2, but I've been disappointed before
--
Currently Playing: Heroine's Quest, Quest For Infamy, Planescape: Torment
daveyd is online now

daveyd

daveyd's Avatar
Turn-based lifeform

#21

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2018, 03:20
A small update was posted today.

Encased Kickstarter Micro Update #1
This has been a crazy week. Preparing for day one of the Kickstarter has taken a lot of energy and sweat, but we are happy with the initial response. After the first 24 hours of the campaign, we are sitting at $12K with 352 backers! We want to thank each and every one of you for your support.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Dr. Evil Trump

#22

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 18,513
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2018, 03:31
That's not too bad. It's possible to make it from there.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#23

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,195
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2018, 13:40
It's not bad for the first couple days, but that's usually when campaigns have the most momentum. They need to push hard if they're going to reach the goal.
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#24

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 866
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2018, 19:27
It's at $17,701 of the $100,013 goal with 508 backers now.

Kicktraq Link - https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/da…urn-based-rpg/

They forecast it making €171,564 but that always changes.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Dr. Evil Trump

#25

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 18,513
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2018, 20:33
No extra copy of the game available as an addon nor at the higher tiers below 65$, which is a little to steep for me.
TomRon is offline

TomRon

TomRon's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#26

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,518
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2018, 20:36
Well the game is only supposed to be $30
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#27

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 866
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

September 15th, 2018, 21:06
They just need a big name to pledge and crow about it, and the rest of the funds will just line up. Yesterday I wasn't sure about their overall chances, but today I think they just might make it.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#28

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 7,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 06:08
Next update was posted.

Encased Kickstarter Update #2- The Factions
“Something happened. You all know what, dear listeners. But I won’t talk about it aloud. Let it lose its power and turn its gaze away from us, like a demon that weakens until called by its true name… So, we now walk in the canopy of… this. No, wrong! We are in the eye of the storm! From the vortex of sand faces look upon us, faces of people you will hear of not just once or twice in the years to come. But today it will be me to tell you about them!”
It's now at $19,309 of the $100,013 goal with 574 backers.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Dr. Evil Trump

#29

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 18,513
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 15:43
Hello, friends! My name is Viacheslav, I'm the lead developer of Encased. My account was finally approved, so I can answer questions now. Shoot if you have some
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#30

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 16:24
Hi Cadmus. Good luck with the project - lots of it looks good.

I guess my main question would be what we were discussing - how does a project go from pre-alpha with a prologue to content complete in six months? Is the date of April 2019 the point at which it goes on Early Access with limited content, while development of the main content continues?
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#31

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,195
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 16:32
Thanks Cadmus! I have a lot of questions, so don't feel pressured to give long answers.

1) Is it rewarding to create non-combat builds?

2) Are there areas or quests that you wont be able to complete without the right skills?

3) How deep are the companions?

4) Are there energy weapons? Power armor?

5) Will there a lot of dark humor like in Fallout?

6) Besides Fallout and Roadside Picnic, what other influences are there?

7) Why did you decide to make the price only $30.00?
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#32

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 866
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 20:29
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Hi Cadmus. Good luck with the project - lots of it looks good.

I guess my main question would be what we were discussing - how does a project go from pre-alpha with a prologue to content complete in six months? Is the date of April 2019 the point at which it goes on Early Access with limited content, while development of the main content continues?
So right now, it is a bit more than just a prologue, but those extra parts that we have are disintegrated from the main flow. So April (I'd say, probably the end of it) stays for Early Access, not the final release. This initial release will contain prologue + act 1, which will be about 8-10 hours of gameplay + infinite number of random encounters and situations generated while you travel inside the Dome. You may compare it to Act 1 of DOS2 if you have played it during EA. We will keep updating the game during EA, fix issues, investigate the feedback during 2019. We'd like to ship at the end of 2019, but that depends on the feedback. RPGs take a lot of time, but we feel we know what we are doing, so with community help + new people, we will bring (hopefully to KS) there will be no big delays.
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#33

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 20:47
Originally Posted by Silver Coin View Post
Thanks Cadmus! I have a lot of questions, so don't feel pressured to give long answers.

1) Is it rewarding to create non-combat builds?

2) Are there areas or quests that you wont be able to complete without the right skills?

3) How deep are the companions?

4) Are there energy weapons? Power armor?

5) Will there a lot of dark humor like in Fallout?

6) Besides Fallout and Roadside Picnic, what other influences are there?

7) Why did you decide to make the price only $30.00?
Alright, let me try to address these

1) Depends on how you feel about it. Basically game's world in very hostile in a lot of meanings, so it is quite dangerous. But making a build with, for example, a lot of LOOKS (think about it similar to Charisma) allows you to recruit more henchmen, so they will do dirty work for ya. Or for instance, investing heavily in Stealth allows to skip the encounter entirely but still resolve the objective. We think about quirky builds - a very dumb character, a very smart character, a very awkward character, a weak character - those all supposed to have fun and be able to beat the game. Sometimes this will take extra effort and resource management but supposed to be possible.

2) With some extreme builds, you will probably not be able to beat certain side activities. The main quest takes extra care to provide N+1 solution for every situation. Though we creative thinking and resource management and good usage of game mechanics you will be able to complete most of the things with any type of build.

3) They have small stories player can participate in and resolve. We actually wanted to add bigger companion stories with the stretch goals, but right now, honestly we are focused to get the basic funding. Can't confirm we will be able to squeeze huge personal stories without community help, but they will not be the blockheads for sure, they will have a personality.

4) Power armor - yes. Minimally we will have one type of Servo-shell that's how we call it - check out FB page for concepts. Ideally, we'd like to have a shell type for each wing - scientist, soldier, technician etc, but if we will be tight on schedule there will be one type with attachable mods.
And there is a High Tech Weapons skill tree - everything related to Forefather's tech, relics, and artifacts.

5) Yes

6) Jagged Alliance 2 for global map exploration and combat system, XCom for squad management, DOS series for exploration and systemic freedom

7) We are indie. The game will not have full voiceover, fancy cutscenes and 120 billion hours of "content" AAA guys are talking about. So we play in our mid-market. I think it is a fair price for what we aim to deliver. There are more expensive KS pledges and we are always grateful when people choose those, but the game should be affordable and provide good value for its money
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#34

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 21:07
Originally Posted by Cadmus View Post
So right now, it is a bit more than just a prologue, but those extra parts that we have are disintegrated from the main flow. So April (I'd say, probably the end of it) stays for Early Access, not the final release. This initial release will contain prologue + act 1, which will be about 8-10 hours of gameplay + infinite number of random encounters and situations generated while you travel inside the Dome. You may compare it to Act 1 of DOS2 if you have played it during EA. We will keep updating the game during EA, fix issues, investigate the feedback during 2019. We'd like to ship at the end of 2019, but that depends on the feedback. RPGs take a lot of time, but we feel we know what we are doing, so with community help + new people, we will bring (hopefully to KS) there will be no big delays.
Yep, that makes sense to me. I don't play Early Access myself, but I look forward to seeing it completed.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#35

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,195
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 21:36
So when you say act 1, what does that mean exactly? Fallout had a non-linear plot.
Copper Coin is offline

Copper Coin

Copper Coin's Avatar
Outspoken D&D critic

#36

Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 866
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 21:51
People, I wasted my own free time on a Sunday no less to create this account and give you my warning. Some of you might know the After Reset game, which turned into a scam as the money was "lost". One of those scammers, a man who still owes me $250 Andrey Lyapichev or Mr. Nixon or Weilard on twitter ( https://twitter.com/Weilard ) is on the Encased head developer list! Please don't back this project, until they refund the money for their previous criminal cash grab which was After Reset.

If someone needs proof Andrey Lyapichev is really the "Mr. Nixon" who ran the After Reset SCAMpaign - check out this NMA post where he uses his twitter alias while shilling After Reset. Please don't give money to frauds. I will now go and spread this message whenever I can. I was a typical student when I backed them, because I believed in them. These 250 were more than just a few loose bucks for me. And someone's gonna pay. http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/a….199729/page-5
Vlad_ko is offline

Vlad_ko

Traveler

#37

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 23:09
Originally Posted by Silver Coin View Post
So when you say act 1, what does that mean exactly? Fallout had a non-linear plot.
Aha! you caught me on this one. In fact, Fallout 1 kinda had acts. The first act was to find Water Chip, and then deal with super mutants, right? At least this is how developers thought about it.

So in Encased there are certain important story thresholds, where the world changes. Those are related to the Maelstrom. I'd prefer not to talk about it yet, but what is important - Act 1 is not locked in one territory or something like this (if you compare with Fort Joy in DOS2). This is more of the narrative arc.
Last edited by Cadmus; September 16th, 2018 at 23:25.
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#38

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 23:18
Originally Posted by Vlad_ko View Post
People, I wasted my own free time on a Sunday no less to create this account and give you my warning. Some of you might know the After Reset game, which turned into a scam as the money was "lost". One of those scammers, a man who still owes me $250 Andrey Lyapichev or Mr. Nixon or Weilard on twitter ( https://twitter.com/Weilard ) is on the Encased head developer list! Please don't back this project, until they refund the money for their previous criminal cash grab which was After Reset.

If someone needs proof Andrey Lyapichev is really the "Mr. Nixon" who ran the After Reset SCAMpaign - check out this NMA post where he uses his twitter alias while shilling After Reset. Please don't give money to frauds. I will now go and spread this message whenever I can. I was a typical student when I backed them, because I believed in them. These 250 were more than just a few loose bucks for me. And someone's gonna pay. http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/a….199729/page-5
Mr. Vlad_ko, I need to repeat again. I understand your frustration with After Reset, but Dark Crystal is not related to it. Andrei is our lead artist - he was hoping to team up with Nixon to make the great post-apocalyptic game, though he was not the author of the idea, he was not the man who run Kickstarter and he was not who failed the project.

If you read carefully, you may see that he had doubts from the beginning:

Meeting with the After Reset team was, for me, a meeting with another galleon. After talking with Richard, the head of Black Cloud Studios, I expressed my serious doubts about the success of this enterprise. It’s dangerous territory, soaked with nostalgia and strong feelings from the old and modern players, where errors in game development are not forgiven.
In the end, their collaboration did not go far, he made few arts for After Reset, but that's it. Because that's the nature of the dream of creating "Russian Fallout" so many of us here are crazy about. If there are no options you try to stick with those options which were available. The person responsible for the project is someone Nixon, he basically wasted community funds on some bullshit and crazy ideas. But believe me Andrei is not him

You then can blame Christopher Bischoff the creator of Stasis for the wrong After Reset made, cause he is too mentioned on the page. This is ridiculous.
Cadmus is offline

Cadmus

Watcher

#39

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default 

September 16th, 2018, 23:34
@Cadmus thank you for clarifying his statements. Crisis averted.
--
"That makes me angry, and when Dr. Evil Trump gets angry he trolls Twitter."

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Dr. Evil Trump

#40

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 18,513
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Encased - Kickstarter Live
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:15.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch