Kingmaker - Tavern Party Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new trailer for Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

On the closing day of PAX West, Owlcat Games and Deep Silver would like to say thank you to all the fans and take this opportunity to share the latest trailer “Tavern Party” for Pathfinder: Kingmaker the critically acclaimed and highly anticipated cRPG!

Join our intrepid adventurers as they kick-back a little and discuss their next exciting risk filled quest!
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I've met that troll who likes reading books... and sadly had to kill him like in the video... :(

Haven't yet met that particular Linnorm but the fire one crisped my entire party to death within... 2 minutes?

Aaahhh... looking forward for more Kingmaker adventures! :D

Really good trailer actually :) Hope they have great success with this game.

Also does anyone know when will they start sending out keys to backers? :D

I'm checking Owlcat forums daily but no news yet :( Guessing probably like 1-2 days before the release day.

I've met that troll who likes reading books… and sadly had to kill him like in the video… :(

Haven't yet met that particular Linnorm but the fire one crisped my entire party to death within… 2 minutes?

Aaahhh… looking forward for more Kingmaker adventures! :D
Did you meet anyone of Minsc level "fun" ?

No, I didn't actually find any of companions particularly interesting... their jokes are somehow... off.

Really good trailer actually :) Hope they have great success with this game.

Also does anyone know when will they start sending out keys to backers? :D

Strangely the trailer made me a bit more pessimistic about the supposedly expected brilliance of Pathfinder.. but lets see.

Strangely the trailer made me a bit more pessimistic about the supposedly expected brilliance of Pathfinder.. but lets see.
Agreed. The dialogue in the trailer reminds me of a rather trite Young Adult fantasy novel. But, the snippets of combat in the trailer looked OK.

Let's just hope the in-game dialogue is better than this

Companions aren't the most important part about RPGs, which is why I'm concerned that Owlcats is focusing so much on them in their advertising.

Agreed. The dialogue in the trailer reminds me of a rather trite Young Adult fantasy novel. But, the snippets of combat in the trailer looked OK.

They are just channeling their inner Baldur's Gate, time where we were all young/younger.
If you are not enjoying it, I am afraid you are either too young or too old by now for this.

Companions aren't the most important part about RPGs, which is why I'm concerned that Owlcats is focusing so much on them in their advertising.
Well, companions are an easy feature to advertise with. I wouldn't conclude that they play en equally major role in the actual game.

They are just channeling their inner Baldur's Gate, time where we were all young/younger.
If you are not enjoying it, I am afraid you are either too young or too old by now for this.
What, I'm not young? <Cue "I'm not white?" scene from Hear no Evil, See no Evil>
Since when is 68 old? :S

Just kidding, of course. You hit uncomfortably close to the mark.

I'm still crossing my fingers that I'm going to like this, but, yikes! That style and tone is working pretty hard to chase me off. I sit through a fair number of children's cartoons, and this reminds me of the ones that annoy me.

I actually really like how it looks. I’ll be playing day 1 probably.

Would have went for beta access but it’s just to much to justify for me at this point.

The graphical engine looks good, and I was happy to see dynamic shadows. Too bad it's not a turn-based system.

I'm sold. Looking forward to playing this!

Sad to say but in game dialogues aren't much better…. Well at least for some characters (especially, Amiri and Regongar - I don't like them much). But from what I've seen it's only limited to party companions. I quite liked all other NPC dialogues.

I'm usually a huge fan of RPGs with fun and interesting companions, therefore, was some what disappointed with dialogue quality in Kingmaker but the game makes up for it with other things - tough but fun combat, engaging story, character building, lore/world building and also looking forward to Kingdom system :)

You couldn't afford the Trolls university education? SHAME!! SHAME!!

But… But… He is giant, scary looking troll and what if he has awesome fat loots? :D

More links that have information most probably know already.

I Learned a Lot More About Pathfinder: Kingmaker at PAX West
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is just a few short weeks from release on the 25th, and I had the opportunity to get a comprehensive look at the game at PAX West. For those unaware, Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the first isometric RPG to bring the Pathfinder pen and paper RPG into a video game. It’s inspired by Baldur’s Gate and Fallout 1 and 2, and features a story based on the Kingmaker adventure path from Pathfinder.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Blends Role-Playing, City Management
I first saw Pathfinder: Kingmaker at GDC earlier this year, and I generally liked what I saw. The game seemed like a modern take on retro RPGs like Baldur’s Gate, where you recruit a party of adventurers, explore a big fantasy world, and tackle a complex political narrative. The game’s big differentiator — creating and managing your own kingdom — seemed more like icing on the cake. But now that I’ve had a chance to see it firsthand, ruling your realm in Kingmaker is a vital, and potentially perilous, part of the experience.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker – PAX West 2018 Impressions
Few games are as beloved as the Baldur’s Gate series. The sheer storytelling the game invoked is thought to be by some as near-legendary status. Many games have attempted to follow in its footsteps, only to be left in the shadow of the juggernaut. Well, times change, and there’s a new upstart challenger coming armed to the teeth. Pathfinder: Kingmaker follows in the footsteps of its predecessor, using the more modern and increasingly popular Pathfinder RPG ruleset that many pen-and-paper tabletop players are familiar with. Thankfully for myself, I had a chance to sit down and watch an extended demonstration of the game at PAX West.
Build Your Own Kingdom and Rule it Like a Jerk in Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Pathfinder: Kingmaker by Owlcat Games emphasizes exploring and battling monsters as much as any RPG, but players are also expected to put down roots by building a kingdom of their very own. How you build the kingdom, how you run it, and how your citizens react to your civic rule has an impact on the player bonuses you receive. Your engineering can even affect how your city looks, and the inhabitants it attracts.

Back
Top Bottom