Bionic Battle Mutants - Gameplay

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Here's a gameplay video for the tactical RPG Bionic Battle Mutants:

Bionic Battle Mutants

Cyborgs, mutants and pin-up girls! Bionic Battle Mutants is an old-school styled turn-based tactical battle game. Lead a team of imprisoned space-criminals to fight for their lives as modern gladiators on prison planet Cerberus 7! 100% Indie from enthusiasts for enthusiasts! Fine tuned tactical gameplay and hand-drawn artwork in the spirit of Jagged Alliance, Fallout Tactics and U.F.O.

Featuring highly customizable characters, an elaborated crafting system and the atmosphere of 80s and 90s popculture, it offers a radioactive gaming experience.
Prepare your team in the hideout for deadly mutliplayer matches: Choose from a plentora of fighters and improve them with self-crafted weapons and armors, bionic limbs or performance-enhancing drugs. With genetic mutations, you can enhance your fighters even further to be feared close combat grappler, snipers or allrounders to die in the post-apocalyptical prison of the Intergalactic Cable Network!

On the detailed, hand-drawn battlefields, you'll have to choose the position of your team and use coverage wisely, then show what you got with your arsenal of modified weapons and grenades.
There are three ways to win a match: Eliminate your opponent's team, collect more loot than them or destroy their beam station to dispel the enemy team to the deserts of Cerberus 7.
You'll need the right strategy and balance of firepower, close combat and swiftness to get to your goal.
Watch out! This game enforces straight confrontation without compromise. Only the best will survive on Cerberus 7!

Fact-Sheet:

• 21 missions in Solo-Campaign
  • Very tactical PVP-Mode
  • Innovative gameplay for turnbased action that prevents idle time in PVP
  • Highly modifiable characters and equipment
  • Extensive crafting-system
  • Steam tradingcards
More information.

Bought the game for 3.50 € or some such when it was on sale.
It started out interesting, but soon it was obvious that it is a bit shallow. You only have a very limited range of possible equipment and you have to farm missions for XP and other things to be strong enough for the next few campaign missions. It got old fast.

If you are looking for an indie XCOM-alike, I would suggest to get Shock Tactics which can also be had for under 5 € in a sale.

Horrible GUI. Never ever make the characters blink in white! Jesus..

Horrible GUI. Never ever make the characters blink in white! Jesus..

Blink in white? I might just be stupid but I have no idea what your referring to?

First event in game: a lecture. Really sets the tone.

Cerberus7… What, Cerberus and N7 merged?

Yes Steam tradingcards.
No story.
Yes+No = no buy from me. Being yet another PVP MMO will hardly change my mind.

joxer, back up a sec... you're saying you're *NOT* interested in MMOs?

Not even if it was designed for mobile?

Back
Top Bottom