Witcher 3 - 50 Shades of Geralt

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Porcozaur spotted a funny Witcher article on Gamepressure:

50 Shades of Geralt - if The Witcher was made by different developers

Have you ever wondered what would have happened if The Witcher wasn’t developed by CD Projekt RED, but someone else? Nope? Well, we have, and we know exactly what would be the outcome. Here’s a collection of The Witchers from alternate realities!

It’s 2002. Having received a nice, round sum of money – which, however, can now be considered modest to say the least – a popular Polish writer, Andrzej Sapkowski gives his blessing to what was at the time an obscure studio from Warsaw – CD Projekt RED – allowing them to create games set in the world he’d created in The Witcher books. Five years later, The Witcher is released to an overwhelmingly positive reception in Poland. Thirteen years after acquiring the rights, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches, also to an overwhelmingly positive reception – this time around on the whole globe. In the meantime – and in order to maintain mathematical cohesion of the trilogy – there’s also the release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, which didn’t quite receive an overwhelmingly positive reception anywhere in particular, but we love it nonetheless.

But get this: imagine that it all never happened.

I assume that our dear readers are familiar with the theory of alternate realities and parallel universes. Whoever had the chance to roam the streets of Columbia with “the false prophet,” Booker DeWitt, certainly knows what I’m getting at. I’ll let you in on a secret. We have (“we” meaning the Gamepressure staff) mastered the ancient techniques of accessing the rifts connecting our reality to millions of other dimensions and universes. Needless to say, we’ve thrown some people in there (not against their will), but most of them didn’t come back yet. However, those who did come back brought some incredible news – The Witcher is the multiverse’s favorite game! Or actually, The Witchers are, to be completely exact. After all, the reality can bend and wrap in an infinite number of ways…

We have the utmost pleasure of presenting to you, ladies and gentlemen, the examination of the most interesting, the most bizarre iterations of The Witcher brought from the farthest reaches of alien galaxies (though I’m not quite sure whether all of them are obeying the copyrights – the inter-dimensional creative commons are a true nightmare of legislature). Strap in, grab a beverage and get ready for something out of this world…

[...]

More information.

Nice find porcozaur! :biggrin:

◾Hardcore, 3rd-person RPG straight from the German masters of craft – CDRanha Bytes
Oh this is going to be trouble... ;)

Back
Top Bottom