The Technomancer - New Screenshots

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Three new screenshots for the action RPG The Technomancer surfaced today.

They show the Technomancer and his companions arriving at Noctis, one of the last strongholds of civilization on Mars. Noctis is one of the many locations you will get to explore during your adventure. A "free city" that isolated itself from the War of Water, which opposes the grand Companies such as Aurora and Abundance, Noctis still holds great dangers: bandits, pillagers, and some dangerous creatures who will put your warrior skills to the test.​
More information.

Looks rather similar to "Mars: War Logs", a game that I found quite enjoyable. I only hope that they expand the "character building" aspect of this game. Still, this game feels a bit promising to me.

I spot the MC with a shield in the last screenshots, I don't remember being able to use one in Mars: War Logs.

Guys, you should check RPGWatch interview about the game. There are answers to your question.
http://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/technomancer-interview-291.html

- Expanded hero progression, more skill trees, more talents used in game world and dialogues (charisma, medicine and science, mechanism and craft etc)
- There is skill tree for fight with a shield

Skills - fighting styles:
Rogue with knife and gun and stealth
Guardian with shield and one handed weapon
Two handed with quarterstaff
Technomancy

Screens looks good. Maps should be bigger so I hope we will explore the whole town.

Loved Mars: War Logs, warts and all. Just hope they don't bring in Bound by Flame's combat.

And I haven't even played Mars, yet. It's in my backlog, though...
Nonetheless, I'm interested in this. Hope they spend more time on ironing out the kinks this time.

I always think of this when I see this title

cover_lg.jpg

I keep thinking of Babylon 5.

Looking good. This one will be a day one purchase for me, since I really enjoyed the past Spiders titles.

Mars was a pretty good game, but gameplay was like 75% repetitive combat, and running around evading and dodging several enemies vs. one.
This new game needs more varied gameplay, new types of quests, and maybe an NPC or two for more tactical options.

The very first quest of the last game Mars WL was the best of the whole game because of several different types of tasks to accomplish, investigation and dialogue. The rest of the game was a shell of that interest level wise.

They need to "level up" the quest structure and playstyles for this new one.

Back
Top Bottom