The "I Just Bought" thread

Since I was no longer gonna get Battlefield 5, I went for Shadow of the Tomb Raider instead.

2487.jpg

Ditto!

I always tend to buy the cheaper ones when i'm out of space 250-500GB.

I really should just sell them all off and buy the biggest i can find, would be so nice to have it all on 1 drive, and my case would be way less cluttered. I have 7 HDD's in my system, though one is just an old (but large) SATA drive.

Latest purchase, hardware sequencer "Pyramid" from Squarp. It's awesome!

5qu2g.jpg

(most likely uninteresting to 99.9% of all forum members)

The man who mods flowers and trees is also a DJ ?

Great!! :)

I always tend to buy the cheaper ones when i'm out of space 250-500GB.

I really should just sell them all off and buy the biggest i can find, would be so nice to have it all on 1 drive, and my case would be way less cluttered. I have 7 HDD's in my system, though one is just an old (but large) SATA drive.

Latest purchase, hardware sequencer "Pyramid" from Squarp. It's awesome!

5qu2g.jpg

(most likely uninteresting to 99.9% of all forum members)
I don't know what that is but I am interested :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

So, is it just for electronic/digital music or can you use it with a piano for example ?
What does it achieve ? Is it to mix music ?

It's for writing music. It can only be used for synths with either MIDI or Control Voltage, that's how they can recognize what to play :)

Hardware sequencers are really a thing of the past since most people (including myself, previously) do it on a computer with a nice big screen. But i tend to think computers are very boring and uninspiring as instruments for creating music, when i make music i want to get away from them, if i can.

It's for writing music. It can only be used for synths with either MIDI or Control Voltage, that's how they can recognize what to play :)

Hardware sequencers are really a thing of the past since most people (including myself, previously) do it on a computer with a nice big screen. But i tend to think computers are very boring and uninspiring as instruments for creating music, when i make music i want to get away from them, if i can.

Well, all I can say is enjoy :)

New car. We replaced the 15 year old Corolla with a new Hyundai Ioniq Plugin hybrid. The Corolla has been very reliable, extremely few problems with it all those years, but it IS rather old now. Usually we drive less that 30 km each day so around 90+% of the time the Hyundai will run puretly electric, even in winter. We will also occasionally, especially when we retire, take it for longer rides, hence the hybrid.

It was a democar, very well equiipped and at a very good price (for Norway - 250000 NOK, 30000 USD, 25000EUR).

We'll get it later this week, but here's a photo from the net of the same model with the same colour.:

hyundai-ioniq-hybrid-demitasse-brown-marron.png

pibbur who chose not to mention the oranges and bananas he bought later that day.

Last edited:
That looks rather smart in gunmetal grey. Much nicer than most of the EVs, which tend to be designed to resemble one of the minor Transformers in disguise.

Very nice to be able to glide around town on a charge, and just fire up the pistons for long journeys.

I like music gear myself, but I'm not in a mood to put in the work to make it at the moment. I also enjoy the analog/non-computer stuff. But I sold some gear off and bought an ASUS 1080ti Turbo Edition. $450, quite a good deal on a gently used one from Ebay. I'm excited about seeing GTA V in all its glory. :)

New car. We replaced the 15 year old Corolla with a new Hyundai Ioniq Plugin hybrid. The Corolla has been very reliable, extremely few problems with it all those years, but it IS rather old now. Usually we drive less that 30 km each day so around 90+% of the time the Hyundai will run puretly electric, even in winter. We will also occasionally, especially when we retire, take it for longer rides, hence the hybrid.

It was a democar, very well equiipped and at a very good price (for Norway - 250000 NOK, 30000 USD, 25000EUR).

We'll get it later this week, but here's a photo from the net of the same model with the same colour.:

hyundai-ioniq-hybrid-demitasse-brown-marron.png

pibbur who chose not to mention the oranges and bananas he bought later that day.

'dem wheels! I foresee many a chick will turn when they see our Pibbur cruising through town. :)

'dem wheels! I foresee many a chick will turn when they see our Pibbur cruising through town. :)

When they see the car - maybe. Then when they see pibbur - not as likely (unless we're taling about turning away).

pibbur who has few (il/de)lusions.

@vurt;, You wouldn't be interested in some analog gear I'm selling, would you? I still have a few pieces I have yet to list on Ebay. 2 Zoom RFX-2000 effects units, awesome for mangling up synths or mics! 1 Zoom RFX-1000 which has many effects and an XLR input. I also have a really great Fostex 3070 analog compressor from the '70s. Super grungy, Nirvana used them to get the "radio sound of the '70s". It sounds great and has loop inputs so you can run effects into it to trigger the compression. I'm soon going to go all digital if I go back to making music at all, so the analog stuff is taking up space right now. If you have any interest let me know! Asking much less than top dollar for them as I could use any money at all right now + the extra space it frees up. Cheers.

@TheRealFluent; thanks but i'm completely done for both this month and the next lol. I'm also in Sweden which means very high shipping + taxes and payment to customs for handling (how nice, having to pay for a service i didn't exactly ask for..) + some extra taxes on the shipping(!) and for the item itself.

@TheRealFluent; thanks but i'm completely done for both this month and the next lol. I'm also in Sweden which means very high shipping + taxes and payment to customs for handling (how nice, having to pay for a service i didn't exactly ask for..) + some extra taxes on the shipping(!) and for the item itself.

No problem. I'll probably list these on Ebay in the next few days. Already sold my ARP Odyssey and a few other pieces, so these should hopefully sell too.

Got the new car today. So far so good. Motors comes on and off when I want them to, pedals and steering wheel are postiioned and work (almost) as usual, and it's actually quite pleasant driving it.

But:

1. It's my first car with an automatic gearbox, never used that before. So my left foot has a hard time, desperately seeking a non existing clutch pedal whenever I'm slowing down/breaking. If it was up to me, I would have kept the manual gearbox. But the wife wanted an automatic, and she's the one who will drive the car most of the time. So I rolled over. Hopefully I'll get used to it before it's time to replace the car in 10 years or so.

2. It comes with a 630 p user manual! Cars certainly have got a lot of new features, some of them I didn't know existed, since last time I bought one, more than 15 years ago. I'm afraid that my gaming time will be severly limited in the foreseeable future.

pibbur who looks forward to the first dent, after that, driving will be much more relaxed.

Back
Top Bottom