RPGWatch Feature - The CRPG Book Review

Thanks for the review Corwin, but you are too nice. I want to improve the book in the future, so if you have any suggestions, please say. :)

One change will be adding Black Crypt and Quarterstaff, and maybe important non-English/non-translated RPGs, like Tulip Warriors and French RPGs…

oh well, I'll have to buy the second edition too then

I wanted to get order it from this link, but it says "pre-order", with delivery date mid-July? :thinking:
@felipepepe;, is it out of stock already, or is that just because the page hasn't been updated since release?

I bought three some time ago. One for me, two for my daughters - originally planned as a christmas gift, but as usual (yet another weakness of mine), I couldn't wait. They love it.

It's a beautiful book.

pibbur who is really, really impressed by @felipepepe; and his project.

Last edited:
The period between 2015 and 2020 is pretty interesting. Too bad it's not included. For instance, I would rather read about ATOM RPG than Wasteland 2 but it missed the cutoff date.

Do they ship to USA?

The period between 2015 and 2020 is pretty interesting. Too bad it's not included. For instance, I would rather read about ATOM RPG than Wasteland 2 but it missed the cutoff date.

Do they ship to USA?

@felipepepe; just announced to write another chapter for 2015-2020.

pdf-only I think.

I finally bought mine over the summer just gone. I missed getting the collectors edition with all of the additional goodies though unfortunately. Boo! It looks great though; a nice hefty tome.

Good to hear that more content is going to keep the project fresh and ever present in the minds of readers and cRPG fans.

Thanks for the review @Corwin;!

I stumbled on the bitmapbooks site by chance a few days ago, and first thought it was a new project due next year (in my defence, "coming soon" and "available from: April 2021" were misleading). Then I realized it was on RPGWatch's radar long ago - I should have known ;)

I received it today already, it's a joy to read! It covers so many games, and the articles I read were very good so far, which wasn't guaranteed with so many authors. So a very successful project! I wish it also had the latest games, since the book covers 1975 to 2014, but it's nitpicking, they're well-known and it's easy to find a review or a fact sheet (most are probably waiting for me to complete them anyway :p).

I also liked this:
Special thanks to: [. . .] RPG Watch
And the site is also listed in "Further reading"
The watch is a smaller and more "civil" CRPG forum. Founded in 2006 by editors from the now-extinct RPGDot, its posters have been playing games for decades, and it shows. They are a tight group of veterans that will warmly welcome new posters, debatting newer games and impressing you with their knowledge of the old ones.

The fact you can freely download the pdf version will also be appreciated by many!

A few Watchers wrote articles (*) for the CRPG Book. If my memory is not betraying me I also suggested the title - simply: The CRPG Book.

(*) I wrote the Albion review for example - still one of my favourite RPGs.

Back
Top Bottom