Skyrim - Anniversary Edition Announced for November 11

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Bethesday Softworks announced Skyrim's 10th anniversary fan celebration, yesterday at QuakeCon 2021 (which celebrates its own, 25-year anniversary), and at this occasion, a new edition of the game.

On November 11, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim commemorates a decade of adventures.

From epic battles with mighty Dragons across Tamriel's snowy peaks to countless numbers of pilfered cheese wheels, one common element defines the Skyrim experience: you!
That's why this fall, we're celebrating Skyrim's 10th anniversary by focusing on the players who made Skyrim theirs. From displaying your artwork to a special concert performance, you don't want to miss it!

[...]

FREE CREATION CLUB CONTENT, NEXT-GEN ENHANCEMENTS & THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Finally, we have some exciting announcements for the game itself. Current and future owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on any platform including Xbox Game Pass Subscribers will receive access to three free pieces of Creation Club content: Fishing, Survival Mode and even new quests with Saints and Seducers. Additionally, Skyrim Special Edition owners on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S, as well as Xbox Game Pass subscribers on Xbox Series X|S will receive a free upgrade to an enhanced version on November 11 for their respective PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S systems!

We're also excited to announce the most definitive version of Skyrim to date: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition. In addition to the three free Creation Club items mentioned above, this version contains the full game plus all three expansions and over 500 pieces of unique content from Creation Club, including pre-existing and new quests, dungeons, bosses, weapons, spells and more!

Existing owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will also receive the option to purchase an Anniversary Edition upgrade for their Special Edition version of the game to gain access to all the additional content found in the Anniversary Edition.

After ten years, we can say with certainty that Skyrim's fans are what make the game shine and its anniversary worth celebrating. This coming November, we can't wait to revisit a modern classic and share the festivities with you, so don't miss out!
More information.

Existing owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will also receive the option to purchase an Anniversary Edition upgrade for their Special Edition version of the game to gain access to all the additional content found in the Anniversary Edition.

Lol - no chance. I think the cow is fully milked.

They can take their Anniversary Edition and shove it up their bleep. If you're still milking a title after 10 years and not even close to releasing the next edition of the series, that shows how they feel about their fans. We're just ATMs to them.

At least before we could display all those special boxes, not anymore.

Or do publishers still make physical boxes for PC games? Most of the time, there isn't even a manual to put in it anymore, so it would just contain a redeem code (like the last time I bought a game elsewhere than on a digital platform).

Agreed. The teet is only putting out evaporated milk. I understand video game production takes a long time. But we are going on 10 years with no TES:VI in sight. Just a short rendering clip that show absolutely nothing. It is time for Bethesda to move forward. But this is status quo for them. Its like they are tracking the orbit of Saturn when they release Elder Scrolls products!

Lue.

I guess the only appeal for some people are the 500 things from Creation Club they put into this version of the game. At least for people who can't be bothered to mod the game themselves…

I am sure I spent more time at the Nexus and in my Mod Loader than actually playing the game ;-)

I saw this announcement yesterday elsewhere but I must have misread it. At first, I thought that PC owners would get the free upgrade as well, but now I just read Ripper's comment above and then I went to pay attention that only console owners will get such upgrade for free.

Missed opportunity to try and show us PC gamers that there is a viable mod scene also on Creation Club etc etc but thing is, I'll stick to Nexus when thinking about modding Skyrim.

Last edited:

Fully milked, then slaughtered, made to steaks, cooked, eaten, digested and defecated. And all that already several yesrs ago.

as the mighty todd said, "if people keep buying it, we are rererererereleasing it"

I'll be genuinely curious to see the sales figures on this. If a lot of people buy this, like him or not, Tod Howard is a marketing genius.

To be honest, the only reason anybody is still talking about the game is mods. There are whole YT-channels revolving around it. Beth should make sure to acknowledge that going forward. Excluding Morrowind the last TES offerings were pretty bland playing fields out of the box. Only with mods they became something great.

The music is untouchable, though. I still play all the soundtracks every now and then.

Yeah, I just recently realized that good music is forever good music. That doesn't apply to visuals.

Another company to be avoided. There are better companies making better games....

I'll be genuinely curious to see the sales figures on this. If a lot of people buy this, like him or not, Tod Howard is a marketing genius.

This may be why I've never been invited to work in a marketing department. I'd be saying that if we keep flogging it like that, customers aren't going to appreciate it, and that hurts us in the long run. To which I think they would say, "Oh, my sweet summer child. We shall squeeze them for every penny, palm them off with a bit of corpo-speak, and they'll still be back, eager for more."

If it was me I'd be fucking embarrassed to re-release this after 11 years after so many versions. Let it go for f**** sake, it's not even such a good game on its own if you remove modding

It's simple economics people keep buying the newer versions and remaster/revisions are all the rage right now. Like already said, "if people keep buying it, we are re-releasing it"

So stop buying it idiots.:p

only console owners will get such upgrade for free.

55334666.jpg

Back
Top Bottom