Medieval Dynasty - Review @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer has reviewed the survival RPG Medieval Dynasty:

Medieval Dynasty review

A survival RPG that makes doing chores for everyone else fun.

Having put the finishing touches on the fourth building in my little village-to-be, I realise I need to go out hunting to get more food for the few denizens that dwell within it. It's my job to look after them, after all, and that means building shelter and services, but also going out to hunt some bison or deer for meat. I feel pretty confident as I head out... but end up dying to a boar taking a bite out of my ankle.

[...]

Medieval Dynasty isn't necessarily the most exciting game out there, but it's comforting. It's the kind of thing you can jump into for an hour or so a night and see your progress in the form of a new building, or a brand-new member of your very own village. Or you might jump in expecting a quick visit and find yourself losing four hours, emerging from a trance later with a warm, fuzzy feeling in your stomach.

Score: 74/100
More information.

Looks like we posted reviews on the same game at the same time ;)
I removed mine and copied the reviews below.

WellPlayed (8/10)

Medieval Dynasty Review

[…]

Medieval Dynasty is a gorgeous survival/crafting and town management adventure game that satisfies our primal urge to create, build and form a community. After spending a year in early access, the 'full release' definitely has a solid foundation, but some mechanics could have used a bit more time in the oven. If you're prepared for a long term investment, you'll reap a fantastic reward.
PC Invasion (8/10)

Medieval Dynasty review -- A trip to the Middle Ages

[…]

Medieval Dynasty is a survival RPG that manages to stand out in the oversaturated market that it occupies. By combining ideas from several other popular franchises, developer Render Cube has managed to create a genuinely unique product. Its story hardly stacks up against AAA RPGs like The Elder Scrolls but it's good enough given the game's many other strengths.
GamePressure (7.5/10)

Medieval Dynasty Review: To Heir Is Human

[…]

Medieval Dynasty won't reinvent the wheel of the survival or resource management genres, but it will give you a relaxing and low-key experience you can customize to your liking. Its story and UI set it back from truly shining, but its focus on building a village and surviving through the seasons will keep you coming back for hours of simple entertainment.
More information.

"Medieval Dynasty isn't necessarily the most exciting game out there, but it's comforting." - that's exactly what I've been saying about the game. It kind of has a quaint charm to it that is just relaxing despite it being about, yaknow, surviving in a medieval forest.

It's just... not that kind of game. I don't really see them going the "RPG" route at all here. You're generic medieval peasant guide and builder; but I guess you could "RP" things as you could in, say, a Sims game.

But things like character development, as I recall, no; it's more building up your village. I have to fire this one up but there's just a glut of good games right now. First world problems, I know.

Back
Top Bottom