VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Extended Gameplay Trailer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN published the extended gameplay trailer for Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 on Youtube:

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2: 28 Minute Gameplay Demo - Gamescom 2019

A developer provided extended Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 gameplay demo from Gamescom 2019.
More information.

Doesn't look bad. I think they've done a good job of capturing the V:TM atmosphere so far.

If I have a concern, it's that it almost seems a little too similar to the first game. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's almost like they're trying to copy it rather than make their own game.

Doesn't look bad. I think they've done a good job of capturing the V:TM atmosphere so far.

If I have a concern, it's that it almost seems a little too similar to the first game. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's almost like they're trying to copy it rather than make their own game.

I didn't watch the video but if it is similar to the previous game (with better graphics and hopefully less clunky as well) then that's a brilliant news for me since I couldn't really get into the first one (so damn clunky)

The game looks beautiful… But is it going to be only in first person perspective? Really? Another one… I just learned that I am really sad

Isn't it a mix of 1st and 3rd person perspective?

Quote from wiki:

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is presented mainly from the first-person perspective, alternating to third-person for contextual activities such as specific attacks.

Isn't it a mix of 1st and 3rd person perspective?

Quote from wiki:

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is presented mainly from the first-person perspective, alternating to third-person for contextual activities such as specific attacks.

I am not quite sure. I just did a quick google and all that I found were headlines like this: "Confirmed 1st person only". And obviously, some ppl complaining about it :lol:

I'd be pretty surprised if we can't switch to third-person. There are several instances in the video where it switches to third-person, so it's already implemented. I'll be disappointed if it's only contextual.

I'd be pretty surprised if we can't switch to third-person. There are several instances in the video where it switches to third-person, so it's already implemented. I'll be disappointed if it's only contextual.

Looks like free-roaming is strictly in first person. By the way switching to third person during a kick/jump and then switching back quickly is incredibly lame.

I'm not sure why but I got a semi bad feelling about this game. Feels like something essential is missing. Not sure what exactly....
Maybe this game lacks what i've got the feeling that obsidians Outer Worlds seems to have. Maybe it has something to do with the characters, it feels like they were alot more flavourable in the original, more alive feeling (but yet undead ;)) and believable. Maybe it's the fact that two of the Troika guys that worked on the original now works on Outer Worlds. Maybe it's their influence on the original thats missing here and thats what I'm feeling.
I'm hopeing I'm wrong and this turns out to be fantastic.

It looks disgusting, no ambiance no feeling no soul, nothing. Prepare yourselves for a big Fiasco.

It's a game for storyfags like me. Instabuy.
Now shoo.

Loved first one even though it had so many shortcomings. If this was full-fledged, story oriented RPG. If it had proper c&c. If it had skillsets for combat as well as social and environmental interaction. If the combat was well done. Eh ... one can dream ...

I honestly don't know what to expect from this game. I attempted playing the first one but only ended up spending like an hour due to its clunky control. I will probably check it out at some point.

Looks bland and lame. Lol people in youtube comments beg them to not release game yet and work more - doubt they will listen! So it will be another lame quick cashgrab upon "our beloved franchise name"!

I thought it looked great loads of options available, and pretty decent looking combat options. There are some clear similarities - but when you look at other sequels, from Dragon Age, Baldur’s Gate, any of the FPS games and so on ... there is MUCH more variety and uniqueness on display.

Of course there are things to critique (no one has mentioned that basically none of the text matches the spoken dialogue ?), but the ‘lol-trolls’ and usual dumpster-fire of YouTube comments should never be taken particularly seriously.

Yea I want first and third person. First 2077 now this ... sigh. I know it doesn't matter to many but I just don't get into first person play as much.

The first game was set in a fantasy version of Los Angelos, starting in Santa Monica with a waterfront with a ferris wheel. Pictures of VTM: Bloodlines 2 are of a waterfront with a ferris wheel, but the game is set in Seattle, a city surrounded by lakes. I liked the soundtrack for the first game and the setting atmosphere, for its time, was quite good and the patches for it made by the community made it playable. I hope VTM2 surpasses VTM but is still written by people inspired by the roleplaying game, with more to say than horror and paranoia. Will buy the game no matter what really. Perhaps nostalgia.

The same gameplay demo, but with developer commentary. Makes a lot more sense now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6urcYt0fU

Also, is it me or do most games nowadays have great facial characters, both animation and lighting/texturing. Vampire 2 seems the same. Great faces.

Also, fantastic lighting they got in this one. Very moody and atmospheric.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom