Avowed - Announce Trailer

This is from ResetEra. A forum I rarely visit anymore.:(

Link - https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...-had-me-at-halo.246538/page-252#post-40806123
As I previously mentioned before the announcement, Obsidian is working on Pillars (I assumed this regarding the info) game as back then I did get confirmation that game contains “spore-like” creatures with few other vague descriptions of The Living Lands.

So, I did get new informations about Avowed:

- fully open world, much much larger than Skyrim (very differently “larger”, more proper word would be “denser” and “more contrasted” at the same time)
- primarily set in the The Living Lands region of Eora (not sure if it’ll go like that as explicit later on, but that was starting point)
- big focus on world-reactivity, lighting and next-gen AI systems and physics (special focus on physics with magic systems - have no clue what would that mean)
- realtime whether system (don’t have full details but fog is very important as realtime element, rivers will have specific micro physics systems regarding this)
- very advanced character creation tool (didn’t get more info)
- mod support (for now PC is/will be very dominant as creation tool, but I’ll be playable fully on Xbox)
- very large number of fractions but very different approach than with Skyrim
- you’ll be able to have companions (different than Outer Worlds)
- storyset: fight against incoming threat of tyranny (independent from previous stories)
- game has bosses planned and some of them are very very large
- Gods will have special say in the game
- great focus on iconic landmarks, statues and buildings
- two large cities planned with many smaller ones with strong focus on contrasting wild-areas, rivers, mountains and desolated areas (yes, you’ll be able to swim)
- fully respecting POE creatures lore with new additions
- dynamic presentation of dialogue
- for now idea is to keep “you can kill everyone in the game” option
- around 100 people are on the project for 2y (smaller number for 7m of preproduction), in total 2y 7m
- full production is already a thing
- team will still grow
- target date: late 2022/early 2023

Keep in mind that some parts of this can change during the development process.

Found new impression video today also.

Avowed First Impressions: Pillars of Eternity in First Person

Avowed, a game by Obsidian, the developer behind the sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds and Isometric RPG Pillars of Eternity announces a new title set in the same universe (Pillars of Eternity) called Avowed, during the Xbox Games Showcase. So what do we think? Watch on to find out.

I see absolutely not a single interesting new thing there.
But of course, there had to be silly and meaningless buzzwords (iconic LOL).

But of course, there had to be silly and meaningless buzzwords (iconic LOL).
Of course he's a professional gaming journalist Joxer. They have standards.:lol:

That was a good find. Sounds more interesting to me just from those tidbits (if they are true).
If even half that is true I will enjoy playing this game. As I worried it would be another The Outer Worlds. Good to see Microsoft's money is being put to good use.:nod:

Was there any new game play in that video? I saw the parts from the trailer but the rest seemed filler comparison to other games and the guy talking a lot.

Ah well sure we will learn more over time :)

If even half that is true I will enjoy playing this game. As I worried it would be another The Outer Worlds. Good to see Microsoft's money is being put to good use.:nod:
I still didn't play outer worlds. Seems quite a few people here were disappointed with it.

Was there any new game play in that video? I saw the parts from the trailer but the rest seemed filler comparison to other games and the guy talking a lot.

Ah well sure we will learn more over time :)
No just someone at the event giving his opinion. He then talks about how Obsidian has a bad relationship with Bethesda, and all the usual gab you get nowadays.
I still didn't play outer worlds. Seems quite a few people here were disappointed with it.
If you play it as a KoToR game it's very enjoyable. It has the usual multiple way to finish quests, and good companions, but falls short on exploration & other areas.

Just don't fall for the hype like I did with all the comparison's to F:NV.

Yeah, that video is just waffle and filler. But that rumour is interesting. If that's close to the mark, seems like MS handed them a bag of cash, and sent them off to make a Skyrim. Sounds pretty exciting to me. I think most of the weaknesses of Outer Worlds come down to a shoestring budget.

Target release 2023. Zero cares given, bump this in a year and a half.

Target release 2023. Zero cares given, bump this in a year and a half.
Classic game development 101. It used to take 5+ years, but I agree hate early announcements. Look at CDPR almost eight years since Cyberpunk 2077.:biggrin:

Yeah, that video is just waffle and filler. But that rumour is interesting. If that's close to the mark, seems like MS handed them a bag of cash, and sent them off to make a Skyrim. Sounds pretty exciting to me. I think most of the weaknesses of Outer Worlds come down to a shoestring budget.

Interesting take. For me, most of the issues with TOW wouldn't have had anything to do with their budget.

Bethesda looks increasingly unlkely to give us a decent Elder Scrolls ever again, so sure, let's see Obsidian take a crack at it.

The question I'm interested in, considering what I read about their last game, is will all the npc females be short haired, manly type characters, or will there be at least one pretty, feminine female character....:p if so, it will be a bold move by Obsidian!

The question I'm interested in, considering what I read about their last game, is will all the npc females be short haired, manly type characters, or will there be at least one pretty, feminine female character….:p if so, it will be a bold move by Obsidian!
Watch out you might be called out for being a Misogynist.:biggrin:

Anyway that be like asking Piranha Bytes will the NPC have hair this time.:lol:

I could pull a Joxer and complain about games not using hair-works.:)

Watch out you might be called out for being a Misogynist.:biggrin:

Anyway that be like asking Piranha Bytes will the NPC have hair this time.:lol:

I could pull a Joxer and complain about games not using hair-works.:)

:biggrin: I know, you are right, because this is the crazy internet these days. Then I have to wonder if someone is seriously thinking that wanting to have pretty female characters in games is misogynistic, they need to seriously think about their stance, let's put it that way...(its perfectly natural human behavior)

Let's just say that I know how to defend my arguments through debate, and it isn't rocket science either.

Anyway, I remain skeptical about this game, and I stand behind that. If people only want to hear rainbows and sunshine about their favorite game developers, then I think they have weird expectations.

If Obsidian employees have close ties to resetera its already an avoidware for me.
As someone who never heard of ResetEra before couch mentioned them: What's wrong with someone there knowing inside info about the game?

As someone who never heard of ResetEra before couch mentioned them: What's wrong with someone there knowing inside info about the game?
Nothing really but ResetEra has lets say biased moderation. It's basically a site that attracts certain political gamer's who will ban you if you don't agree with their views.

Some examples of their warnings and bans.

Link - https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/hot?p=0

Next time someone complains about this forum and it's moderation needs to realize RPGWatch is very lenient compared to other forums. Especially sites like ResetEra.

Back
Top Bottom