Diablo 3 - Monk Class Info @ Gamespot

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Gamespot has some more info on the Monk class including an 18 minute video, based on questions asked to the panel ad BlizzCon.
The next few questions--about player-vs.player (PVP) and Battle.net functionality--couldn't really be answered, but the team did its best. In regard to PVP, Blizzard doesn't support the idea of going hostile at any time, meaning that they don't want someone to join your game and then try to kill you. It hurts cooperative play and even discourages it. Still, Blizzard knows that PVP is important and that there are large communities surrounding such features, and they plan to support them.

As for Battle.net, the team hasn't done a lot of designing around it since the service is mostly focused on Starcraft II for the time being, but they recognize that the original method for matchmaking wasn't the best. For Diablo III, they want to make sure that it's easier to play with friends or join games with similar players attempting to accomplish the same task.
Thanks Sammy.

More information.

Actually while initially a focus on the monk, it goes more into general changes in the classes at large, and even into the monster design and such. Cool vid, the best preview that I've seen so far, going into the abilities n stuff.

It's obvious I didn't watch the complete video isn't it :)

Agreed, surprisingly very interesting video.
However, in the write-up, I spot:
"Other answers that got a reaction from the crowd came from the questions about a map editor and third-party UI add-ons. Because of the technology involved in randomly generating maps, there will be no map editor for Diablo III, and since the development team has spent so much time trying to make the UI as straightforward and as easy to understand as possible, the game won't support those add-ons either. "
:-/

Agreed, surprisingly very interesting video.
However, in the write-up, I spot:
"Other answers that got a reaction from the crowd came from the questions about a map editor and third-party UI add-ons. Because of the technology involved in randomly generating maps, there will be no map editor for Diablo III, and since the development team has spent so much time trying to make the UI as straightforward and as easy to understand as possible, the game won't support those add-ons either. "
:-/

Is WoW UI that bad? From the hours I spent playing the trial, it seemed pretty generic and... usual... I do know there's a great fuss about third party UI mods that add this and that, but then again, all that bores me to dust. Work, it's just plain work WoW gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom