BioWare - Another Tease From Bioware

Anyone care about this one? I particularly don't. Unless it's an intro of this guy getting into HUGE MECH then bleh.....

Only way I'll care is if they actually put out a new concept. But it'll just be Mass Effect 3.

Or yes, something involving a mech, I miss mech games....

Personally, I would really like to hear, for example, an annoucement of the ME3 release date, but I doubt that this will be it. Perhaps some kind of spin-off...

Personally, I would really like to hear, for example, an annoucement of the ME3 release date, but I doubt that this will be it. Perhaps some kind of spin-off…

They will pull a Valve and say its in the works while releasing other products.Com on Valve and release episode 3 or half-life 3.

They will pull a KOTOR, and say there will never be a ME3, just some wretched MMO which will sink in 2 months.

They will pull a Valve and say its in the works while releasing other products.Com on Valve and release episode 3 or half-life 3.
BioWare has, probably, just under 10 development teams. BioWare have the resources to pull this off.

They will pull a KOTOR, and say there will never be a ME3, just some wretched MMO which will sink in 2 months.
Blame LucasArts, not BioWare (For KotOR, anyway). And ME3 won't be dropped, I assure you. TOR won't "sink" in two months, either, I'd wager a hefty sum on it.

I bet they are making som quick money with mass effect themed fps clone. Few hour singleplayer plus fast-action multiplayer with minor rpg elements.

I'm guessing a Mass Effect themed Gears of War style game (ME already leans in this direction) but with the persistent stats/upgrades of Call of Duty. Emphasis will be on on-line multiplayer, but a short and brainless campaign will also be included. Maybe one or two of the minor ME characters will make cameo appearances, but the main characters will be generic space marines.

I also predict that it willl sell terribly and be forgotten within weeks of release. The online multiplayer shooter space is already far too crowded to support a new entry. If Transformers couldn't break in, with its huge mass market appeal and very positive reviews, a Mass Effect shooter doesn't stand much of a chance.

(Just my predictions -- I've been wrong before!)

I also predict that it willl sell terribly and be forgotten within weeks of release. The online multiplayer shooter space is already far too crowded to support a new entry. If Transformers couldn't break in, with its huge mass market appeal and very positive reviews, a Mass Effect shooter doesn't stand much of a chance.

(Just my predictions — I've been wrong before!)

Som devs can break into any genre and be successful i.e blizzard. Perhaps EA thinks bioware is their golden boy. EA's latest medal of honor failed so this time they put their best team to the job. EA is too big to leave the FPS cake untouched.

Som devs can break into any genre and be successful i.e blizzard. Perhaps EA thinks bioware is their golden boy. EA's latest medal of honor failed so this time they put their best team to the job. EA is too big to leave the FPS cake untouched.
EA, arguably, did MoH themselves. They put Danger Close on one aspect, and EA DICE on another.

I've always felt, even without playing it, that EA DICE should not have been put on it.

Whatever it is ,its aimed for teenage boys and the 360 no doubt. I dont think its a FPS. 3rd person mass Effect style .

I know they have the resources i was just being sarcastic.Bioware has become a shell of what it once was.My opinion is the new talent coming in has mostly played fps and action games so when it come to rpgs they stick with what they know.Were told its an rpg when its barely an rpg.

I know they have the resources i was just being sarcastic.Bioware has become a shell of what it once was.My opinion is the new talent coming in has mostly played fps and action games so when it come to rpgs they stick with what they know.Were told its an rpg when its barely an rpg.
Mass Effect is an action RPG - Simplified RPG mechanics used to bolster an action game. I think it works perfectly, especially in Mass Effect 2.

I'd say there's plenty of other RPGs out there, but there aren't.

If only Mass Effect 2 was an entertaining shooter at least.

I can't fathom why people think it worked well as a shooter.

It was basically one giant cover-laden room after the other, with the exact same tactics involved for 95% of all fights. You could safely predict everything that would occur, within a few feet of any engagement.

Talk about DULL!

It was a decent sci-fi story with strong production values - so it was a nice enough movie.

But as a game?

Yawn.

I still prefer ME1. The whole cover/hallway combat scenario combined with the reduced RPG elements is the main reason.

I loved flinging my biotics around corners and over obstacles.

You're the kind of person who likes to fling bits of cake at people and taking cover, aren't you? ;)

That said, it was ok fun - but not over and over and over and over again!

Mass Effect was kinda clumsy in comparison, true, but at least it had some unique fights that felt different. It had its share of cover fights, to be sure, but some of the fights were pretty interesting and challenging.

That's what I remember, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom