Neverwinter Nights: EE - Plans and more

Someone around the Watch is a VERY big fan of a certain mildly entertaining Bond spoof.

I'm not naming names, though ;)

"Hey guys! I don't like Beamdog. I hate Beamdog. Cashgrab guys. Beamdog is what I hate. BTW I don't like Beamdog. Did you hear me? I said they're a cashgrab. Oh on an unrelated note, I don't like Beamdog. Everyone? Here let me set aside this time to write 20 posts on how I don't like Beamdog."
"Hey guys! I like Beamdog. I love Beamdog. Best company guys. Beamdog is what I love. BTW I like Beamdog. Did you hear me? I said they're a best company. Oh on an unrelated note, I like Beamdog. Everyone? Here let me set aside this time to write 20 posts on how I am a Beamdog fanboy."

"Hey guys! I like Beamdog. I love Beamdog. Best company guys. Beamdog is what I love. BTW I like Beamdog. Did you hear me? I said they're a best company. Oh on an unrelated note, I like Beamdog. Everyone? Here let me set aside this time to write 20 posts on how I am a Beamdog fanboy."

Touché. Caddys post made me smile but yours made me laugh.

1) You didn't find a polar opposite for "cashgrab" so it's not as funny as it could have been.

2) It's meant to be an equal yet opposite take, however this is an RPG fan site. Not an RPG un-fan site.

3) You're comparing someone with a positive attitude with a whiny complainer.

;) <--- NewDArt superiority emote

What would the polar opposite of cashgrab be? A practical steal?

What would the polar opposite of cashgrab be? A practical steal?

It doesn't matter now. I gave the winky face, and that means I win automatically.

It doesn't matter now. I gave the winky face, and that means I win automatically.
I didn't need a opposite. Just what you were actually doing with your posts - being completely uncritical so I guess you really really love Beamdog.

I bought BG1EE from them (for full price) and I bought BG: SoD from them (again at full price) so I don't hate them as a company. But unlike you I am objective enough to be able to recognize a cash grab when I see one.

But unlike you I am objective enough to be able to recognize a cash grab when I see one.

So hurtful!

35200faa4ccd513ee8822fa81a6935ff.jpg

So ... since I no longer participate all that much, just wondering about what % of Beamdog-related threads devolve into this mindless rubbish? If it is 100% I will be sure to avoid them. Sad that I had hoped for a bit more.

Fail...

So … since I no longer participate all that much, just wondering about what % of Beamdog-related threads devolve into this mindless rubbish? If it is 100% I will be sure to avoid them. Sad that I had hoped for a bit more.

So far, all of them have been much the same.

As long as people not only disagree - but feel the need to constantly question and try to "correct" wrong opinions - it will continue.

Personally, I don't change my mind about these things very often - so it shouldn't be a big shock that I still think Beamdog are what they are - except more so, in this case.

But I hope someone notices that I almost exclusively respond to "criticism" or new questions/information, rather than indulge in cyclical repetition in a vacuum.

Some people around here just can't leave it alone and they won't stop until everyone sees things the same "correct" way.

Unfortunately, the worst offender seems to be "on my side" - but that can't be helped.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

I wonder if people might also notice how often your comments consist of implying that there is something deficient about the people holding opposing opinions, before adding "of course, that's all too human", and the smug winky face. ;)

The Watch is still a haven compared to most other gaming forums out there, believe me :)

We have our share of hurt and frail egos - but it's really not that bad.

As if an illustration was required.

So … since I no longer participate all that much, just wondering about what % of Beamdog-related threads devolve into this mindless rubbish? If it is 100% I will be sure to avoid them. Sad that I had hoped for a bit more.

Dart's involved. Its almost guaranteed to go off the rails when he comments.

In fact, it's sort of endearing - and I do appreciate the attention :)

Though, it might not serve the threads all that much. I believe I once created a thread dedicated to all the DArt-is-the-baddie-bile you can dream up. I'm sure there's no shortage of that around here.

Back
Top Bottom