Fallout 76 - Fallout 1st

pibbur who no doubt in some people's eyes is a moron.
Nah, we all have our "guilty pleasures". Mine is Warframe.

Over here, we say "La connerie est la décontraction de l'intelligence" (stupidity is the relaxation of intelligence).
But maybe it's just self indulgence :lol:

Nah, we all have our "guilty pleasures". Mine is Warframe.

Over here, we say "La connerie est la décontraction de l'intelligence" (stupidity is the relaxation of intelligence).
But maybe it's just self indulgence :lol:
A Momentary Lapse of Reason?

PF ibbur

(the cover is also a good visual metaphor of the F76 experience)

WoW modding (they're called "addons") is an absolutely massive scene, there's thousands of them and most hardcore players have at least 10-20 of them installed…if not 50.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons

I scanned several categories and it looks like 100% of them are for the UI and giving information of some sort to the player. Nothing that changes the world or anything in it, which is what I have a hard time imagining could exist in a shared worldspace.

The one model of Fallout that no one wanted, and that no one needed. I just try to pretend it doesn't even exist.

No one? I seriously doubt that. A lot of people like cooperative play, and FO76 gives them that. Not saying that FO76 is the best way of doing it, but, like it or not, the model is quite popular.

pibbur who is not particularly interested in that type of play, but that may be that no friends of his (any of the 2) play games or the same games he does.

Last edited:
I meant past Fallout fans, it's a given that some people would actually try a new game, and perhaps enjoy it. I was speaking specifically of those who'd purchased and played prior Fallout games, that very little in this newest offering would appeal to them in the slightest.

I meant past Fallout fans, it's a given that some people would actually try a new game, and perhaps enjoy it. I was speaking specifically of those who'd purchased and played prior Fallout games, that very little in this newest offering would appeal to them in the slightest.

*Raises hand*

I've played every other Fallout game, and though 2 is probably my favorite, I've enjoyed the Bethesda offerings. Yes, even 4, though the lack of non-shooty gameplay did consistently disappoint me. "A racing track for gangster robots? Cool! Let me go see what kinds of quests... BANG, BANG, RAT-A-TAT-TAT, BOOM!"

But Fallout 76 has too little of what I like about RPGs, much less Fallout games, and too much of what I don't. Even if it wasn't a buggy mess, I wouldn't have been interested in it. Now I'm waiting around to hear that Elder Scrolls VI will be some live service multiplayer bullshit so I can shovel the rest of the dirt on Bethesda's grave.

bethesda said:
Scrapbox - Unlimited storage for crafting components in your own new scrapbox container!

This should have been a feature for everyone. There's little else to do in the game besides hoarding and I found the limit on storage impossibly small. It was the main reason I stopped "playing" by level 30 or so. Design decisions like that make me feel like the devs never had any intention of playing the game themselves.

Back
Top Bottom