gfx card

Yes, I couldn't believe myself how silent graphics cards are these days. I have a pretty silent 470GTX running here and compared to my previous PC with a 7-year-old 6800GT, the difference is worlds apart. Good thing, too, when you have it in the living room. :)

Glad to hear it works. If you psu is good you can just buy another molex to 6-pin adapter. If you do get a whole new psu be sure to check 12v rail amps as well as wattage. You may want to check and see if it's 80 plus certified also bronse, silver or gold.

Yes, I couldn't believe myself how silent graphics cards are these days. I have a pretty silent 470GTX running here and compared to my previous PC with a 7-year-old 6800GT, the difference is worlds apart. Good thing, too, when you have it in the living room. :)

I've got a 470GTX as well, and that sucker is far from silent. It's not the loudest card I've ever had, but it gets pretty noisy under heavy load. It's factory overclocked so maybe that's the difference.

I'm not sure you have to replace the PSU. Maybe an adaptor cable is enough.

Thanks guys, I'll check if an adapter of a sort exists and buy just that one.
Bu I cannot buy the same cable that came with the card as in that case I won't be able to plug the DVD drive. It doesn't look as a problem, but then again, if I don't have a DVD drive, I can say goodbye to my retail games and OS (re)installation. Unless I buy an s-ata or external (USB) DVD drive, but that means spending more money.
If however an adapter that uses serial ata power connectors exists, I'll definetly buy that one because my PSU has a spare pair of those. ;)
The problem is I don't live in a big town so usually in local hardware shops I can't find just about everything so I have to rely on online shops and wait for days over something. :(

Last edited:
Can I use a new graphics card to warm up my house in the midst of winter ?

The quest is finally solved. It all works as a charm now (I've bought a new PSU).
Next RPG I'll play, I definetly don't want to see a screwdriver in my hands! :)

And again, thanks all, I really can't thank you enough.

Back
Top Bottom