Better than Patreon!!!

I think both Mr Nutty and Fluent are wrong :)

From my personal experience, if you rely on the thing you love the most to make a living and pay the bills etc, then the thing you love most can become the thing you hate the most!

Possible. But it is not about playing games, it is about entertaining watchers using video games as a platform. It is very different, not sure that video makers love gaming by the way.

Yeah, I would for sure hate gaming, if I had to play let's say 12 hours a day just to make a living. Yuck! ( Developing games on the other hand….. :) )

As for making a living by posting let's plays and such, people might think it is easy just because they read about guys like pewdiepie who earns $6 million a year or more by making silly videos. But it is not easy, for everyone that has such a big success there is 100 000 of failures.
There's earning $6M per year and earning $60k per year.
There are many lines of revenues in addition to Patreon, YT etc
People might make $2, 3,4,5 or 6k per month.

Don't really care for Let's Play videos or see the appeal really. Closest I've come to sitting down and wasting time like that has been with Ethoslab Minecraft tutorial videos - some ingenious stuff there.
Better to get used to it because the sector is booming and game developpers will cater to video makers needs first, meaning that games are being designed more and more to be watched rather than to be played.
I read that's exactly what was going on at Patreon, and they've had to ban x-rated material. It was becoming a sort of Kickstarter for acts of depravity. :lol:
It is enough to drop the magical word: art to find back that kind of offers.

Back
Top Bottom