Welcome - introduce yourself!

Welcome MrMuse!

Sorry to hear about your ex but I guess it's probably best to find that kind of thing out before you tie the knot.

Ah Wales, such a wet country!! :) Welcome to the Watch, now we'll have someone here who knows how to sing. :D

Ah Wales, such a wet country!! :) Welcome to the Watch, now we'll have someone here who knows how to sing. :D

I DO sing actually. But not all Welsh people can..if you heard my mother she would bring a tear to your eye...and make the fillings fall from your teeth.

I have Welsh heritage on my fathers side, but if you need to empty a crowded room instantly you just get me to sing; works every time!! :) Just ask our DDO group.

Reading through the thread I note you are mod of the P and R Thread and that a lot of people make odd comments about said thread. Well I can be fairly flammable and I believe EVERYTHING is politics so please just don't get me started on what does or does not qualify as an RPG. And no I don't accept the judgement of your calculator ;)

*edit* @HiddenX, a platformer is a platformer - which is usually a very annoying thing. I don't care if it has a story and character development…IT…IS..A…PLATFORMER.

Like so. Anyway I best cease the Introductions thread spam. Cya around.

Last edited:
Hi all,

By way of introduction, I'm Justin. Aspiring attorney, currently living and studying in NYC, but a north Jersey native. I've been lurking around the site for about a year or so, and am a big fan of the approach and the (seemingly ever and ever rarer) emphasis on collegiality on the forums. I'm also, of course, a huge RPG fan, and at the outset I'll say I employ that term rather broadly. I can't remember definitively if there was any "aha" moment that got me into RPGs particularly, though I have very fond memories of playing Magic: The Gathering at summer camp and ad hoc sessions of Vampire: The Masquerade with some friends growing up. And in grade school I was primarily famous for having full access to the King's Quest and Quest for Glory games and for making them available (illegally?) in the computer lab for all to use.

Anyway, I don't want to drone on unnecessarily, but figured I'd take a moment to introduce myself. I'm pretty much always open to a discussion on any topic (RPG-related or non), and although I don't consider myself to have any particularly artistic talents of my own, for those with projects in the works I do consider myself to be a fairly talented proofreader, and could possibly contribute with dialogue-writing and/or voice acting.

Anyhoo, cheers!

Welcome to the Watch and please dive in and get involved as much as you want.

Welcome, Justin! Have fun :).

Wow, an artist, I've been looking for an artist for my game forever :p

I am sure you are really busy though. Welcome to the site and enjoy your stay!

Hi everyone. I don't think I ever officially introduced myself in this thread. My name is Nathaniel. What I am is a videogame developer. How I pay the bills is by showing up at a pretty pointless job for 8 hours a day.

I've been on the site since January, but I've just been lurking since my failed Kickstarter project earlier this year. I've been wondering how to get back into socializing in gaming circles, and I think RPG Watch is going to be a much easier place to start. Another popular RPG-centered forum seems a little less polite and a little more... is hardcore the word I'm looking for?

Well, it's good be back. I'd like to tell you all some more about what I've been working on very soon. In the meantime, I suppose I should plug my artist, Shane from Endymion Games, especially for you Gothic. I seem to remember you wondering whether to go with sprites or 3D models, and I think Shane and I are doing very, very well with sprites:

HS_MeetingAtTheDocks.jpg

Just don't send him so much work that he doesn't have time for my project.

Nathaniel3W - Welcome to the Watch :party:
You'll find hardcore, casuals and normal gamers here (age > 20). The Watch covers indies, classics and popular mainstream games.
We focus on PC titles and single player RPGs and RPG hybrids.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy yourself. We love to encourage and promote Indie developers as much as we can, so feel free to share your aspirations and ideas with the community.

Hi everyone. I don't think I ever officially introduced myself in this thread. My name is Nathaniel. What I am is a videogame developer. How I pay the bills is by showing up at a pretty pointless job for 8 hours a day.

I've been on the site since January, but I've just been lurking since my failed Kickstarter project earlier this year. I've been wondering how to get back into socializing in gaming circles, and I think RPG Watch is going to be a much easier place to start. Another popular RPG-centered forum seems a little less polite and a little more… is hardcore the word I'm looking for?

Well, it's good be back. I'd like to tell you all some more about what I've been working on very soon. In the meantime, I suppose I should plug my artist, Shane from Endymion Games, especially for you Gothic. I seem to remember you wondering whether to go with sprites or 3D models, and I think Shane and I are doing very, very well with sprites:

HS_MeetingAtTheDocks.jpg

Just don't send him so much work that he doesn't have time for my project.

Welcome and thanks for the tip! It looks like you've gotten much further than I, and I wish you the best of luck with your project!

Regarding the graphics I think I'll either go fully 2d or 3d, I am not a huge fan of the mix... it always looked strange to me one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom