Twitch article

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
"The fear of a decrease of single-player games isn't too irrational, and many developers - from indies to Triple As - told me Twitch is having a really significant impact on what games studios are choosing to make. One person I spoke to is Rami Ismail from Vlambeer, who said, “One of the most under-discussed effects of Twitch, YouTube, Let's Play - the whole content creator ecosystem - on the games industry is how the marketing impact of those platforms has affected what kind of games developers make. Why would any major studio outside of a first party trying to sell consoles, or a studio with a reputation for single-player games, bother with an immersive, single-player campaign?”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/19/developers-say-twitch-is-hurting-single-player-games

Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest as I prefer to play my own games not watch others do it. But was a semi-interesting article so thought i would share. Hopefully this was the right place … Mods feel free to move if needed.

As a Mac owner mostly on the go as well as an iPad fanatic I enjoy twitch watching vs gaming. A lot of rpgs are enjoyable for the story and atomsphere alone and the iPad is great for that evenb if it doesnt have the horsepower of alienware you can enjoy and get a taste of all the modern and best games includings rpgs on it.

Twitch is not hurting anything. It's just another shortterm mania that will eventually die.

On another topic, I can't wait till Xiaomi finishes Mac off already so I din't have to read these failed advertisments.

I'd much rather watch someone paint than observe a person playing a video game for more than, say, ten seconds at max. I did enough of that in my youth to last me a lifetime, easily. Then again, different strokes for different folks.

Twitch is not hurting anything. It's just another shortterm mania that will eventually die.

On another topic, I can't wait till Xiaomi finishes Mac off already so I din't have to read these failed advertisments.
What do you consider to be short term?

It's been years already...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ech, I watched this, for a few minutes or so. It's like a comedy show only..without jokes, just some hysteric dude/half naked chick throwing as-fake-as-it-gets reactions.
I'll be damned if I can see the appeal here.
We've got better access to education and knowledge than ever in history, at the same time people are dumber than ever and waste their time on this? I foresee a dark future ahead us all. ;)

Back
Top Bottom