Civilization VI announced

Well, Civ 5 was a good game, but it had some big issues, especially regarding balancing, "catering towards the player", which both resulted in big problems for multiplayer. And don't forget the terrible AI at launch and how passive the AI became after the latest expansion + patches.

That said, I am looking forward to Civ6, and will definitely buy it anyways!

Civilization V was my 1st Steam game and it's still my game with most time played: 258 hrs.
Civilization VI ? BRING IT ON :)

Last edited:
I loved Civ5 but after not so great reviews on Civ-in-space I am not touching 6 till I hear more.

Meh I never liked most changes in Civ 5 so I hope Civ VI alters a few of them.:fingerscrossed:

Also I seem to remember a funded kickstarter last year by Civ 5's fired game designer, but can't remember the name. So anyone here know what the game was called?o_O

I loved Civ5 but after not so great reviews on Civ-in-space I am not touching 6 till I hear more.

Well, I won't buy it at launch either, Joxer. And I have Civ V: BE and Rising Tide on my wishlist. I did read those not-so-great reviews too, but I also read the Rising Tide expansion makes Civ V: BE much better. But, being stubborn as I am, I will buy both BE and RT sometime ahead :)

Nice new Civ game, that is always a good news.I am not as hardcore fan of series partially due to changes but more because of Europa universalis series but I still sunk decent amont of hours into Civ IV and V.

Meh I never liked most changes in Civ 5 so I hope Civ VI alters a few of them.:fingerscrossed:

Also I seem to remember a funded kickstarter last year by Civ 5's fired game designer, but can't remember the name. So anyone here know what the game was called?o_O

Maybe At the gates?

That's it thanks for the link Nameless one. As I re-installed windows and lost a lot of links I had saved. Basically I blame the Window's 10 upgrade for corrupting my system.

But fired? I know that he was an ex Civ Developer, but I wasn't aware that he was fired.

He is a regular visitor of Three Moves Ahead where he talks about game design.

But fired? I know that he was an ex Civ Developer, but I wasn't aware that he was fired.

He is a regular visitor of Three Moves Ahead where he talks about game design.
Bad choice of words on my end.:blush:

He was on the chopping block but decided to voluntarily leave instead due to how Civ 5 was a mess on release. He blogged about why he left and admitted his mistakes.

I'm glad the expansion and countless patches have fixed most problems now. Still I prefer playing Civ 4 with all the better mods that are available to play.

Nice new Civ game, that is always a good news.I am not as hardcore fan of series partially due to changes but more because of Europa universalis series but I still sunk decent amont of hours into Civ IV and V.

Maybe At the gates?

Was it released ? Where can I find it ?

I have full copies of 4 and 5 for a long time but I burnt out so much on Civ3 I've never been able to get into them :(

What? Already?? But I've only got 22% of the achievements for Civ 5!

Civ:VI is beign made by the brave new world team not the BE team.

Civ IV was my favorite in the series with all the great modding. Fall from Heaven was incredible. Civ V was my least favorite. I am hoping they can get back on track because it is only behind the Might and Magics as my all time favorites.

I loved Fall from Heaven, one of my favorite games of all time. I always thought that Civ V had the potential to improve upon it alot, because some it changed some of the things I least liked about FfH. But in practice, I didn't end up liking Civ 5 as much, and there was never a comparible mod to FtH (or at least not that I was ever aware of).

Civ IV was my favorite in the series with all the great modding. Fall from Heaven was incredible. Civ V was my least favorite. I am hoping they can get back on track because it is only behind the Might and Magics as my all time favorites.

Back
Top Bottom