Dragon Quest 11 - Coming to Steam

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN reports that Dragon Quest 11 will be coming to Steam.

The latest Dragon Quest comes to the West this September, and as a first for the main series the game will launch on PC. Square Enix are apparently not satisfied with just bringing their other big RPG franchise to PC, and if the quality of the Final Fantasy XV port is any indication we’re in for another treat.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age releases September 4 on Steam for $59.99 / £39.99 / €59.99. The Steam page promises a handful of pre-order bonuses, including a set of wallpapers, and some in-game items including 15 consumable skill point seeds and the Wings of Serendipity to draw in rare forms of regular monster.

[...]
More information.

Every next game they port has better UI than the one before did.
They still don't think about some things it seems (still mapping some game function on backspace not understanding our right hand is on the mouse and not on mushrooms), but at least you don't need excessive remapping any more.

EDIT:
Watched the vid.
- Unbelievably ugly graphics overall, I mean wtf, is this some old game?
- Extreme histrionical "cutscenes", again wtf, is Uwe Boll directing?
- What's with the irritating C64 "instrumental", my ears hurt!

Okay, maybe it's just some alpha/beta footage, but it really doesn't look as something I want on my machine.

Last edited:
It's 100% turn based so it should be hard to screw up the port too badly. I'm a big fan of the Dragon Quest series, there is usually a good story and a decent challenge in the turn based battles. They generally change enough around every version to make it interesting without jumping the shark like FF and suddenly turning into an action game.

Interesting that the PC and PS4 versions are coming here, but the 3DS version is remaining Japan only. I love my 3DS but almost nobody makes games for it anymore :(.

You just proved love is blind. :)

I have some good memories of the earlier editions of this series, but I've not played any of the more recent ones. As this one looks to be completely turn based, I just might have to get it!

Right there with you. I am really excited for this one--I have fond memories of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest as a kid, then ROMs of both as a teen. However, FF became something else, and they lost me. DQ still hits that nostalgic spot for me, so I am gonna jump on this one.

I think the graphics are fine. Not super duper but more then adequate. Voice acting seems fine - only real question for me will be kb/m interface.

It's 100% turn based so it should be hard to screw up the port too badly. I'm a big fan of the Dragon Quest series, there is usually a good story and a decent challenge in the turn based battles. They generally change enough around every version to make it interesting without jumping the shark like FF and suddenly turning into an action game.

Interesting that the PC and PS4 versions are coming here, but the 3DS version is remaining Japan only. I love my 3DS but almost nobody makes games for it anymore :(.

I played and loved DQ8 in my PS2, but I don't care for handhelds so never played any of the other Dragon Quests. This one I will play it in my PS4, can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom