Kingdom Come - Patch 1.4 Released

Lemme bump this up with some input from Vavra:
https://www.vg247.com/2018/04/20/ki...ted-to-make-red-dead-redemption-with-a-sword/

Kingdom Come: Deliverance launched this year surrounded by controversy, and riddled with bugs, many of which were quest-breaking.

“This is the biggest issue I’m not proud of,” said Vavra. “Bugs are extremely hard to test.
“We change one quest and it somehow fucks up another quest. To test it properly you would have to play it for 600 hours. After release we saw bugs we’ve never seen.”

He said Warhorse is working on patching a majority of bugs, “taking our time to do the patch properly,” and promised that there would be more content for Kingdom Come, as well as making the game stable and offering better mod support.

This is exactly why I despise random generators aka roguelikes. Development of those games does not need workers to be careful as "break" is considered as just another dice roll.
Same goes for unrestricted respawning. Something bugged around a trashmob doesn't (shouldn't) exist in grinders, if something broke no worries, the player will just grind the trashmob till it fixes itself.

On the other hand, I'm not super happy about that chatty. Stating 600 hours is a bit of exaggeration IMO as I'm pretty sure they have some "cheating" commands at their disposal to fastrun anything. Sure, testing takes some time, but what matters more is a proper "betatester". A person who can smell a bug before it even occurs does not exist of course, but Warhorse could ask Bethesda modding community if anyone who was involved in creating Skyrim unofficial patch is interested to work for them. Here's hope they'll do that for the sequel.

Stating 600 hours is a bit of exaggeration IMO as I'm pretty sure they have some "cheating" commands at their disposal to fastrun anything.

Cheating commands could cause bugs to be missed. Also, that 600 hours is probably too see all permutation of quests to make sure none are broken.

Of course bugs will be missed with cheats - combat bugs. Last time I cared about combat was... I guess when tetris appeared. ;)

Back
Top Bottom