Kingmaker - Announced

I just want Chris to have his own studio and to make his own games. Working to other peoples vision you are not going to get the full Avellone!

Chris Avellone has his high and now he is at his low, just like everyone.
Don't understand why ppl hate him just because he is not as good as expected.
Seriously, the only wrong doing of him would be being mediocre which should be the attribution of most of ppl.

Who hates Chris?

I just want Chris to have his own studio and to make his own games. Working to other peoples vision you are not going to get the full Avellone!
I suspect that's the way Chris likes it though for the moment in the post-Obsidian era. The free agency should potentially enable more interplay with various projects without it feeling as if his soul was being sapped away by the sheer weight or responsibilities of one title alone. :)

As for the whole "poster boy" cynicism, I'd have to politely disagree for the simple reason that isometric role-playing games of this specific type needs strong advocates who are knowledgeable and can articulate well on the subject and thus someone with Chris' strong resume makes a firm applicant in that regard.

Chris Avellone is somewhat overrated IMHO - *drops the bomb*. I read somewhere that he wrote the Durance lines in PoE, I didn't like it. Actually, all companions in PoE are like meh…

If anyone here is curious about kingmaker, I read the first two books and wrote a small description about this adventure path on the previous topic: https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061451190#post1061451190

Chris might even be overrated, but Durance if the best PoE character. He's actually better and more nuanced than any Baldur's Gate character ever (and I don't even like PoE much).

Everybody knows PST was his best work, then it's all downhill from there.

One thing that's constantly improving though, is his ability to instill hype unto the consumerist sheeple and hipsters with his pseudo-intellectual bull.

.. Owlcat Games? Who?

I'm guessing ol' Chris is out whoring for random, obscure studios. His poster-boy modus operandi is nothing new. Can't remember the last time he was involved in any meaningful capacity.

Back
Top Bottom