Big Huge Games - Acquired by 38 Studios

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Seems Ken Rolston's new RPG may not be vapour just yet. Blue's News has the announcement.
“Big Huge Games and 38 Studios share a common vision – to deliver the most engaging, compelling, original experiences possible,” said Tim Train, CEO of Big Huge Games. “Joining the 38 Studios family allows us to continue translating our passions into great games.”

“It’s always about team,” said 38 Studios Founder and Chairman Curt Schilling. “The highly regarded developers at BHG, including leading role-playing and real-time strategy design teams led by Ken Rolston, are a perfect complement to 38 Studios’ staggering array of talent. Big Huge Games is a phenomenal team and, culturally, a natural fit.”

The Big Huge Games team will be integrated into 38 Studios but will remain based in Timonium, Maryland.
More information.

I wonder what they meant by this:
The acquisition enables us to develop and deliver top-quality games in multiple genres that are based in a shared world....

One IP, several genres.

Who are these "38 Studios" ? I've never heard of them ...

Retired baseball player that's making games now with R. A. Salvatore their web-site is here.

Am I remembering this wrong, or is BHG not the ones responsible for the excellent Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends?

It's a bit fuzzy, but I seem to remember them being former Ensemble studio guys forming a new company - or something.

Both those RTS games are very good, and I hope they can continue doing great stuff like that.

Yes they are the ones who made "Rise of Nations" and "Rise of Legends" I just hope they can do just as well with an rpg.

Well, I'm not a big fan of Ken Rolston - so I'm not too optimistic.

There's a follow up on this at Crispy Gamer.

Crispy Gamer: Will 38 publish the RPG Ken Rolston was working on for THQ?

Brett Close: 38 Studios is not a publisher. The company is an entertainment and original IP creation company. There is much planning and discussion that needs to occur in the wake of the acquisition. But rest assured that the BHG team is working on a number of great products. Look for announcements in the future about releases and dates.​

Look for announcements in the future about releases and dates.
That's a great reply. Okay, let's turn to our crystal ball and ask it about releases and dates.

Back
Top Bottom