Lords of Discord - A New Turn-Based SRPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lords of Discord is a new kickstarter game looking to get funded. From my first look at the game it's similar to King's Bounty, and the Might and Magic strategy games.

Lords of Discord is a turn-based strategy game set in a fictional fantasy world, inhabited by two opposing races: Humans and Demons, as well as the odd goblin, orc, giant spider and other nefarious creatures. Lords of Discord has breathtaking gameplay, incredible graphics, hand drawn characters and a carefully detailed plot and in-game reality. Drawing inspiration from games like the Disciples and the Heroes of Might and Magic series.

Lords of Discord is a title made by strategy gamers, for strategy gamers.

Game features:

• turn-based strategy gameplay
  • two playable races: Humans and Demons
  • two intertwined campaigns, 12 missions each
  • 3D world, gorgeous graphics and high quality animated characters
  • 3 types of landscape with terramorphing ability
  • 3 types of hero
  • system of character development with around 30 units in each race
  • dozens of global spells for each race
  • engaging battle system
  • a huge number of usable items such as artefacts, potions, wands, etc.
  • hot-seat, real-time and play-by-mail online multiplayer
More information.

it's similar to King's Bounty, and the Might and Magic strategy games

£6.00 for DRMfree plagiarized KB and HoMM? Not horsearmor DLC but a standalone copycat game that'll keep me occupied for hours?
INSTAPLEDGE!

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 84
Terramorphing?!! Say no more, I'm in too!

(just kidding, no interest)

Terramorphing?!! Say no more, I'm in too!

(just kidding, no interest)
Noted but don't really care I know it's definitely not for everyone anyway. Stay tuned for more updates coming tomorrow.;)

I don't really like the visuals... but for £6 I'm in.

Finishing the game for only 60.000 pounds?
Otherwise it seems very interesting !

From my first look at the game it's similar to King's Bounty, and the Might and Magic strategy games.

It looks more like Disciples 2 than the two you mentioned.
(The 3 archetypes, the global spells and terramorphing.)

If they have a similarly interesting story as in that one (especially the Undead campaign), then I might be interested in it.
But I'm a bit skeptical because of their relatively low asking price. I guess they will end up with a short 5-6 (or 1 very large) maps story-arc.

Ah, they say 12-map campaign per race.

Edit:
Pledged at 30. ;)

So, "SRPG" means "Strategy RPG" ? I just ask, because I don't seem to remember having seen this abbreviation before - but maybe that's just my memory … ;)

£6.00 for DRMfree plagiarized KB and HoMM? Not horsearmor DLC but a standalone copycat game that'll keep me occupied for hours?
INSTAPLEDGE!

Pledged too. Overland movement and graphics are similar to KB but gameplay (battles) are actually much closer to Disciples.

So, "SRPG" means "Strategy RPG" ? I just ask, because I don't seem to remember having seen this abbreviation before - but maybe that's just my memory … ;)
Yes it's a shorter term to use than writing out one whole sentence to describe the game. I prefer to keep my news titles short otherwise the front page looks like a mess. :)

Yes, yes! Finally something really awesome is in development. The Disciples influence is clear and that is what is needed. Looks good and very promising. Not as dark as the disciples universe, but still fair. And it might be better. Hooked for this one!

Guys um... I never played Disciples or it's sequels, and you're saying it's great? Should I buy it? Some of it, not all ofc?

Guys um… I never played Disciples or it's sequels, and you're saying it's great? Should I buy it? Some of it, not all ofc?

Disciples 1 is good, 2 is great and 3 is bad.So my advice get Disciples 2.

As for Lords of discord it looks good, there have been games influenced by Disciples in smaller amount, like Legends of Eisenwald, but looks like this game took it more as direct inspiration.I will definitively pledge by the end of campaign.

Edit:I just seen it's for mobile devices too, never mind than I am skipping this one.

Isn't just MP segment ment for phones? I mean... You simply can't make a decent AI on phones.
And I don't care for MP anyway. ;)

Edit:I just seen it's for mobile devices too, never mind than I am skipping this one.
I'm sorry it's a deal breaker for you. A year ago I would have agreed.:nod:

I'm sorry it's a deal breaker for you. A year ago I would have agreed.:nod:

It's not 100% deal breaker for me just huge minus, but I practically never back or preorder game that are developed for phones/tablets but there are some exceptions to that rule.Other huge minus for me in this game is that there is no movement in combat.I might buy this game if reviews are very good.
Just to clarify my biggest problem with phone games is interface that usualy looks and works horribly on PC.

I mean… You simply can't make a decent AI on phones.

You can make good AI on phone.Take look at Alpha Centauri on GoG that game has one of best AI and that game worked on 133MhZ procesor and 16 MB RAM, so phones have more than enough resources to support good AI

Last edited:
Gah, I hate genre labels. SRPG just doesn't seem to fit with the likes of King's Bounty.

With SRPG's I think of Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Disgaea.

King's Bounty just feels like a strategy game. Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying I don't feel that "RPG" part. Hell, Discord isn't even trying to be an RPG. It calls itself a "turn-based strategy game".

This is the best part: "Lords of Discord is a title made by strategy gamers, for strategy gamers". Well then.

Last edited:
Gah, I hate genre labels. SRPG just doesn't seem to fit with the likes of King's Bounty.

With SRPG's I think of Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Disgaea.

King's Bounty just feels like a strategy game. Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying I don't feel that "RPG" part. Hell, Discord isn't even trying to be an RPG. It calls itself a "turn-based strategy game".

This is the best part: "Lords of Discord is a title made by strategy gamers, for strategy gamers". Well then.
Why thank you for your snarkiness you'll fit right in with people just like you on the forums.:p Noted and referenced for future reply's.

Back
Top Bottom