Underrail - Expedition announced

Stealth is absolutely deadly in combination with firearms as you get critical shot hits that can one shot most enemies, especially with a sniper rifle. You also get the drop on most enemies and can avoid lots of unnecessary grinding.

I played a stealth character and it was fun, although combat could be frustrating. As forgottenlor said, a critical shot with a sniper rifle from stealth could be swing the fight easily. However, those shots still had a reasonable shot to miss. So 60% of the time when the shot hit, I'd win the fight with no problem. 40% of the time the shot would miss, I'd die, and have to reload.

Ahh, I need to play this again. I started and got fairly far into the game with a sledgehammer/psi (all but cryo) build. I used psionics on humanoids and animals and my sledgehammer on 'bots, good times.

I haven't played with stealth but it sounds interesting.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
I played a stealth character and it was fun, although combat could be frustrating. As forgottenlor said, a critical shot with a sniper rifle from stealth could be swing the fight easily. However, those shots still had a reasonable shot to miss. So 60% of the time when the shot hit, I'd win the fight with no problem. 40% of the time the shot would miss, I'd die, and have to reload.

That's interesting. I play Elminage Gothic and that game is very RNG-heavy. Not only in amount of damage done, chance to hit, etc., but even in how many enemies the game decides to throw at you in one encounter! It can get very messy but I was never really frustrated with it. Since you could save after every successful battle anyway it was never really an issue to quickly re-load the previous save.

However, I would like to possibly see a toned down "death factor" in a future similar dungeon-crawler, yet offset that with a limited saves system. Elminage Gothic really wouldn't work with a limited save system that well IMO because you can die too easily. But if they toned it down slightly and added the risk/reward of a limited save system, that would be neat. Bard's Tale 4 is supposed to have something like that and I'm excited to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom