Mount&Blade - Steam Sale

It's a fun game that I've put 40-50h into over the years, but it's ALL about combat period in the vanilla game, and building up your band of soldiers.

I liked the individual open area melees, but detested the "sieges" which really aren't sieges at all since you get no siege engines nor any capability to breach fortress walls its simply the good old rush'em approach.

One of these days I'll go check out what mods got updated to the latest patch and try out some of them as a few are, reputedly, very good adding story, etc.

The expansion sounds kind of crappy. I was supposed to be in the beta but never got around to playing as I gathered it was even more only about combat than the SP game which get boring after a while.

Pricing: Steam has now trained me to wait for $5 sales on games that I would buy from them(as opposed to those that I want/think that I will need a printed manual for).

[EDIT]
Also way back when this game was still being developed it could be had for less than $20, with the price gradually increasing as it approached v1.0, but it was never $5. It's a bargain at $5, and better than alot of recent games at that.

As to income, remember the game is developed in Turkey where economics aren't even close to what they are in Western Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan, and the US.
[/EDIT]

Yes, this makes some sense.

Only that Mount & Blade is available here in Germany - boxed - since a few months already.

What I also don't quite understand is why the makers of these games give in with these cheap prices. I mean - 10 Dollars would have been enough, no ?
But now it's 5 … how are they supposed to make any profits from this ?
With 10 Dollars the profit margin would have been a little bit higher … Especially i my assumption is right that the earnings would go *directly* to the developing company …

There's also the 'pull' factor. There are all types of gamers, those who like shooters, those who like RPGs, etc. So frequently they put different types of games in super special prices like this, to entice those who like that type of games to the site, and while they're there, you can show them all the other wonderful games your site sells. So, a $5 game suddenly turns into a $40 sale when the customer buys 1 or 2 other games at the normal price.

Back
Top Bottom